This project will focus on the primary and secondary research that will help you to develop and support your big idea to an audience. The assignment has 3 parts: a pre-interview worksheet, a discussion of secondary sources, and an APA-formatted references page. Use the Reflecting on Sources worksheet posted in Doc Sharing and be sure to follow instructions carefully.
The topic "Big Idea": Creating a community center for underprivileged children in Brooklyn NY which offers college services, mentors, and a place for children to go for free afterschool while their parents are still at work.
Interviewee: Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter (Husband of Beyonce`, Rapper, owner of the Brooklyn Nets)
Part 1) Successful interviews are results of completing pre-interview tasks, such as identifying the interviewee, doing research on the topic and interviewee, choosing a location or method for the interview, and developing a list of questions. This information will help build your confidence in interviewing, along with helping negotiate a difficult interview. While you are not required to conduct the interview and/or include the information in your draft and final project, preparing for the interview will enhance your knowledge about your chosen topic.
Use complete sentences and Standard American English as needed. The interviewee you have chosen should be someone who can effectively contribute information to your final project; this primary research will play a significant role in persuading your audience to accept the ideas of change that you are proposing in the final project.
Part 2) Writing at least one well-developed paragraph about each source, summarize, assess, and reflect upon 3 secondary sources related to your big idea. At least one of these needs to present challenges and/or disagreements that you will have to acknowledge and address as you develop your argument. Compare and contrast the approaches these authors take towards this issue, and determine which sources will be helpful and why.
Part 3) Create a references page that lists the sources discussed in part 2. The citations should be in APA format.
- What's a good hypothesis regarding the bombing of darwin?
- A stone is placed at the bottom of a graduated cylinder. when 35mL of water is added,the water level reaches...
- Organizational Behavior
- what is 100+200
- what's the range of the quadratic parents function?
- a carpenter has 12 boards each 5 5/6 feet long what is the combined length of all 12 boards
- The subject for this paper will be Whole Foods. NOTE: All calculations must be shown Part I Complete research on your assigned publicly...
- Suppose that two people, Michelle and James each live alone in an isolated region. They each have the same resources...
- HRM/498 Week 5 Questions