- Review the article / video below, which sets the stage for your discussion response.
- Did Target ignore data breach warnings? (2:55)
- http://www.cbsnews.com/news/target-ignored-systems-hacking-warnings-report-says/ Based on the video, did the company presented in the video allow a breach of security based on the laws and ideas discussed in the text? Why or why not? What was done to help remedy the situation, and was it enough based on the legal standard? What legal steps should the company take (or should the company have taken) to avoid personal identity or information from being compromised? Be sure to support your response.
Review this video, which reports the growing number of evictions as rents rise and property values increase. After 50 years at the same address, a 98 year old woman faces eviction. Although laws are different in each state, renters are having a harder time fighting evictions.
- Woman, 98, Evicted From San Francisco Apartment After 50 Years
- Suppose you are the judge, and a case is presented before you where a tenant is facing eviction. The landlord has been in constant contact with the tenant and is able to supply the texts and notes to the tenant. However, the tenant agrees that the landlord did contact him, but the tenant claims there was not sufficient notice. The landlord is able to show months of texts and notes begging for the rent from the tenant. What are the legal considerations you would evaluate to determine the claims of the tenant and the landlord? In whose favor would you rule, and why? Be sure to support your legal analysis.
As you view the following video, think about the scope of the disasters – they are far beyond the individual just littering. Therefore, as you review the images and stories contained in the video, think about the reading and the laws that are discussed, and how they may impact the company, environment, and business practices in general.
- Top 10 Man-Made Disasters (6:31)
- You are a business owner who is environmentally aware, and thus you use the local river to help generate some electricity for your small business. You are doing well using this method of energy generation, but you begin to notice that over time the river seems to be flowing more slowly, and that is causing you to have sporadic losses of power. Upon inspection, you notice the river does seem a bit slower, seem to have more debris in it, and now has a funny smell. What are some legal concepts you will need to know to understand your rights? You want to do something, but are not sure what. Then, you remember your business law textbook. What are some of the legal issues and concepts you will need to know to mount a legal fight? Be sure to support your response.
- Prose explication
- discussion replies
- research paper!
- Economic Geograpgy
- Case 1: Election Results Use 0.10 as the significance level (α). Conduct a one-sample hypothesis test to determine if the networks should announce at 8:01 P.M. the Republican candidate George W. Bush will win the state.
- Discussion 1: Healthcare Trends
- Randomness role in hashing
- purple communications
- wp4----Argument Paper ----I also need the outline for this Argument Paper
- week 3 assignment
Bus law100 Discussion question