Broad changes at the social level, such as raising awareness of the seriousness of white collar crime, the mechanisms that encourage it, and the social conventions that contribute to its continued existence, may ultimately prove useful in limiting white collar crime. On a more practical level, various specific policy options are available to respond to white collar crime, ranging from public shaming, self-policing, and private negotiation to citizen group boycotts, civil lawsuits, administrative justice, and criminal prosecution and punishment.
Various approaches may also be used to secure compliance and sanction white collar crime. Given the vast resources available to many of the corporations and individuals they are dealing with, many agencies favor a cooperative approach to compliance. Compliance may also be achieved or encouraged through informal means of social control, such as the normative form of reintegrative shaming. However, compliance may also be pursued through more formal and coercive policy measures in terms of both generalized deterrence and specific responses such as civil suits, penalties, and other punitive approaches to ensuring compliance. Other punitive approaches include rehabilitation, probation, enforced self-regulation, fines, restitution, community service, and incarceration. Occupational disqualification is among the serious punitive approaches for people in the professions, just as corporate dissolution (“capital punishment”) is for a company. One alternative response to addressing corporate crime is organizational reform, which includes making corporations more accountable for their actions.
I want you to write an essay between 1000-1500 words in length, not to include your abstract, cover page and reference page. The assignment must be submitted in Word, not PDF. No PDF files will be accepted. If you refer to your Syllabus you will see the assignment opened on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 and it will close on Monday, April 24, 2017 @ 11:59 pm.
At a minimum, I would like you to answer the following questions:
1. What do you think the future has in store in terms of white collar crime?
2. Are there certain kinds of white collar crime discussed in this text that you believe will increase?
3. Are there certain kinds that you believe will decrease?
4. What new forms or types of white collar crime do you envision emerging over the next century?
5 Do you believe our responses to white collar crime will remain largely unchanged from the present, or will new responses be adopted to deal with the problem?
6. In the latter case, what would such responses look like?
You may select a particular case study to base your essay off of such as Enron, Bernie Madoff, Marc Dreier, AIG, etc…. Upon completion, submit your work in the assignment area.
To achieve a successful experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
1. Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from
the overall message.
2. Length of paper: 1000-1500 words
3. APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA Style and Formatting(6th Edition), (i.e., double-spacing, appropriate citation formats, use of appropriate level of headings, 12-point Times New Roman.).
4. Number of resources: Minimum of 3 resources.
- 4 years ago
- Crime Mapping
- due tomorrow at noon (NO PLAGIARISM)
- The student must demonstrate the ability to research and write effectively on a topic in medical ethics (see the list below
- BUS599 Week 6 Project Deliverable 2 Marketing Plan
- code of ethics
- Qualitative Research Methods Evaluation UNIT 1
- Please help
- for wizard kim
- comment tania