CJ-202- 6-2 Worksheets: Language and GrammarA-Brilliantwriter...
Place the appropriate punctuation in the following sentences.
1. Sgt. Caine the shift supervisor was taken to the hospital by ambulance after being injured in the accident
2. Matthew Mark Luke and John are all named in the Bible
3. Judge Fields the Municipal Court Judge required bond to be posted for domestic violence and criminal damage violations
4. The second and third shifts were required to report to work four hours early for flood duty
5. The Chevy Impala suffered heavy damage from the motor vehicle crash
6. Do you understand what I am telling you
7. Officer Tanner ordered three cheeseburgers two fish sandwiches and a large diet coke for dinner
8. The tall thin man with a baseball hat walked quickly and silently down the street
9. James Miller was hired as a peace officer on June 11 2006 for the Police Department
10. Did you understand that I wanted you to run radar on Main St. Vine St. and in the school zone
Place the quotations marks and punctuation, where appropriate, in the following sentences.
Sentences may contain direct or indirect quotations.
1. I have a gun and I am not afraid to use it if necessary! said the bank robber.
2. Just a minute said Unit 17 I’m just around the corner
3. The loss prevention agent told us we couldn’t leave until the police arrived.
4. I punched him because he called me a moron Jeff blurted out.
5. The witness told the police that he saw the man that assaulted the old lady.
6. The witness said the kid with the red hat stole the beer.
7. Officer Ross yelled freeze!
8. Sgt. Hauser asked me what I was doing on my days off.
9. Sgt. Hauser asked me what are you doing on your days off?
Writing Clearly Worksheet
(Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission, 2012)
Restate the following examples in as clear and direct a fashion as you can. Don’t change the
basic meaning; just sharpen the language.
1. Every morning and every afternoon, the duty officer allows inmates a brief rest period for the purpose of refreshment.
2. The automobile’s maximum speed capacity is reached when the speedometer registers 120 mph.
3. The opinion expressed by the majority of the officers indicated that approval of the union contractual agreement would not be forthcoming.
4. The film is lacking in those pleasurable qualities that would induce high box-office receipts.
5. Your basic attitudes indicate that separation is indeed the only viable solution to the present difficulty of your situation vis-a-vis employment.
6. Officer Johnson’s elevation to a high level of responsibility was accorded with widespread approval.
7. Noxious and troublesome undomesticated growth cluttered the fenced area immediately behind the domicile.
8. The pastry-enclosed fruit was kept so long in contact with a high oven temperature that a charred effect resulted.
Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission. (2012, January 1). Fundamentals of Report Writing 1-7. Peace Officer Basic Training Curriculum, 51-52. Ohio.
- 4 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it