a. Teamwork Spreads at Xerox
1. Describe the characteristics of an effective work team at Xerox.
2. As a manager at Xerox, what steps would you take to turn a work group into an effective team? Explain the importance of each step.
MASTERING TEAM AND INTERPERSONAL:
1. What are some of the technologies Jean-Luc Chatelain says Hewlett Packard uses to facilitate communication among its teams? Based on Chatelain's comments, why is communication in teams so difficult?
2. According to Chatelain, what advantage does telepresence offer over other communication technology tools in facilitating communication between team members? How do virtual teams enable Hewlett Packard and other organizations to capitalize on the talents of their employees?
3. Chatelain twice mentions the need to avoid "embellishment" and "fluff" in team communication. Why do so many communicators fail to do so, and how can you ensure that you avoid this obstacle to effective teamwork?
Purchase the answer to view it