Watch these two brief video clips. The interactions between these patients and their health care providers reveal a great deal about problems and opportunities in cross-cultural health care.
Watch each of them in their entirety before attempting the assignment.
http://freevideolectures.com/Course/120/Patient-communication/1# (approx. 9 minutes)
http://freevideolectures.com/Course/120/Patient-communication/2 (approx. 7 minutes)
Create a PowerPoint presentation with narration OR a brief video in which you address the following questions:
1. In terms of communicating with patients of different cultures, what did the health professionals in the video clips do well?
2. To what extent do you think cultural beliefs, values, and traditions may impact health education efforts? Provide examples of negative and positive impacts that apply to the case studies from the video.
3. Based on the video, what would you suggest to health professionals who want to improve their cross-cultural communication skills with clients or patients?
Please refer to the Oral Communication Rubric, which will be used to assess this assignment only.
Length: Approximately 5 minutes
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office of Minority Health (2005). National Standards on Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS). Retrieved May 1, 2012 from http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/templates/browse.aspx?lvl=2&lvlID=15
Read the Case Assignment before accessing this website. There are certain parts you are to review.
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (USDHHS), Maternal Child Health Bureau (MCHB) (2009). Core Concepts in Cultural Competence. Retrieved May 1, 2012 from http://support.mchtraining.net/national_ccce/case0/home.html
Yick, A. & Oomen-Early, J. (2009). Using the PEN-3 model to plan culturally competent domestic violence intervention and prevention services in Chinese-American and immigrant communities. Health Education, 109(2), 125-139. Retrieved May 1, 2012 from ProQuest
- Geography lab
- READ below very clear before you TRY TO HELP. TIMING is important to me. Honesty is amazing too.
- mat lab homework
- Preliminary Strategy Audit - Coke Cola
- for a plus writer only
- MIS 535 Week 7 Homework Quiz.....................(MIS 535 Managerial Applications of Information Technology - DeVry)
- BUS 660 Contemporary Issues in Organizational Leadership
- Healthcare Administration