CASE STUDY 6 NEED THIS ASAPndnplaya1
Read the THINKING ETHICALLY section below. Answer the three questions at the end of the section in a 2 page paper APA FORMAT. In addition to the three questions in the text, answer the following question: Describe and evaluate the usefulness of two traditional training methods that could be used to foster ethical behavior. You will respond to a total of four question in this Assignment. Follow the project guidelines below. THINKING ETHICALLY MENTORING TO DEVELOP ETHICAL EMPLOYEES According to business professor Linda Treviño, ethical behavior in organizations depends less on formal training programs than on such management practices as ethical leadership. Perhaps most important is creating an environment in which employees believe people are treated fairly. Managers can foster such an environment by responding positively when employees raise ethical and other concerns. They can also build ethical leadership by rewarding ethical behavior in managers and by placing ethical managers in positions where they can mentor others. In recent years, mentoring has become especially critical in companies’ financial divisions. Several highprofile scandals involving misleading financial reports have brought greater regulation and public scrutiny, especially aimed at the chief financial officer (CFO) and his or her staff. Whereas CFOs were once valued primarily for their quantitative skills, today they need a broader range of ethical skills. In particular, they must be role models for ethical behavior, mentoring the organization’s other financial experts. With these greater demands, the average length of service for a CFO is now just 30 months. SOURCES: Linda Treviño, “The Key Role of HR in Organizational Ethics,” Ethics Resource Center, 2007, www.ethics.org , accessed March 21, 2008; and Cynthia Jamison, “Struggling to Survive,” Strategic Finance , April 2007, downloaded from General Reference Center Gold, http://find.galegroup.com . Questions 1. In general, how might a senior executive mentor junior employees in behaving ethically? 2. If you were an employee who contributed to preparing an organization’s financial statements, would having a CFO who places a high priority on ethical behavior help you meet high ethical standards? Why or why not? 3. How might an HR department help to develop financial executives who are ethical leaders and mentors?
- 9 years ago
- Each plate moves over earth's what and changes position with respect to other plates?
- what is 848 feet and 6 1/2 inches minus 209 feet and 9 inches
- Can you do homework 6??
- some state governors declared ____, closing banks before bank runs could put them out of businees. Is the answer deficit...
- Mcgraw Hill connect answers needed!!!
- BestCare HMO Statement of Operations and Change in Net Assets Year Ended June 30, 2004 (in thousands) Revenue: Premiums earned $26,682 Co-insurance 1,689 Interest and other income...
- Your Open Question: Romeo and Juilet Act 1 scene 4 questions? I'm reading Romeo and Juliet in my English honors class...
- whatis the first gift that appears in the hollow tree? what other gifts do the children find?