Case Study 4 Advertising, Public Relations, and the 2008 Beijing Olympics
Case Study 4: Advertising, Public Relations, and the 2008 Beijing Olympics (Case 13-1)
Due Week 8 and worth 240 points
Write a 4-5 page report that answers the following:
1. Analyze the reasons why the Chinese government hired a Western public relations firm to work on the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
2. Assess the reasons why protesters and activists target events such as the Olympics.
3. Evaluate whether the opportunity to reach a global audience by advertising during the Olympics offsets the potential for bad publicity.
4. Analyze how well of a job the companies identified in this case did in anticipating and responding to the protests.
5. Provide evidence from at least three (3) qualified sources, e.g., textbook, peer-reviewed journals, government, or professional organizations Websites. Note: Properly cite your sources in the report and on a separate reference page that follows the APA style conventions.