Career Plan 1
- Go to http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
- Carefully read the directions and complete the assessment.
- At the bottom of the page, click the green Score it! box.
- Take a screenshot of your results and upload it to this assignment.
- Read the TYPE Description located to the bottom left of your results. See the example below:
2. Source Psychometrics Project to administer this free assessment.
- Go to: http://personality-testing.info/tests/RIASEC/
- Read the directions carefully. Note that you will not have to provide any identifying information to complete this test.
- Click the start button.
- The test consists of 48 tasks that you will have to rate by how much you would enjoy performing each on a scale of (1) dislike (2) slightly dislike (3) neither like not dislike (4) slightly enjoy (5) enjoy. The test will take most five to ten minutes to complete.
- When finished, click continue.
- On the next page answer the two follow up questions. Providing additional information is optional.
- On your results screen, you will receive a "Holland Code." This code is an acronym for the categories that you scored highest for.
- Take a screenshot of this screen and upload it to this assignment.
- Follow the link to the Holland Code database on your results page (ONET Online). You can also navigate to it here: http://www.onetonline.org/explore/interests/Enterprising/Social/Artistic/ This is an incredibly helpful resource for future career research.
- Input your Holland code by using the 3 drop down menus at the top of the screen. For example if you scored ESA, then you would select Enterprising (E) in the first box, Social (S), and Artistic (A).
- Click Go.
- Take some time to explore the types of occupations that show up on the following page. Note that you can use the "Advanced Search" button at the bottom of the page to help narrow your research based on your current occupation, skills search, or even specific technology/software that you're skilled with.
You will use this information in this week's discussion and self-reflection.
3. In your reading, videos, and assessments from week 1, you will learn about the importance of self-reflection and skills analysis when planning your career. In a competitive job market you receive pay in exchange for the value of your knowledge, skills, and abilities combined.
In a minimum of 300 words, answer the following questions:
- Compare the results from your self-assessments. What did you agree with? What did you disagree with? Why? (Do not cut and paste, summarize in your own words)
- Compare how your assessment results align with the skills and "self-discovery" videos from CareerQuest. Explain how you might use your assessment results and educational/job skills to help you set goal setting and market yourself (interviews, resume, demonstrations, etc) to your "ideal employer."
- What are your "top five" skills and what kinds of skills are they (refer to the reading)? Explain to your classmates how you would "prove" that you have these skills. Talk about how you know they are valuable to employers – what have you accomplished using these skills. The best way to do this is to tell a brief story about something that you did (e.g. a project or event) at work or in school that you are really proud of.
Information needed to do the work:
Watch the CareerSpots videos:
"Career Center Benefits" https://www.careerspots.com/secure/videoPlayer.aspx?key=ybX_7fkdNmZfFbnO5PgMlw2
Others in the attachment readings
2 seperate screenshot answers and a 300 words in a document(one page)
Due in the Morning SUN 27th
- An oil change shop advertised to change oil within 15 minutes. Based on the data
- There are many ways to go about solving math problems. For this assignment you will be
- CRJ 499 Assignment 4: Data Collection
- Describe your experiences related to your setup of MySQL. Include
- biology assignment
- suppose IQ scores were obtained from randomly selected couples for 20 such pairs of people
- Assignment 1: Cloud Computing
- responses red19
- Respond 2