- For a network tech, one benefit of understanding the OSI seven-layer model and how traffic in an actual network works through the model is applying this knowledge to _______________ networks.
- What device do you need to split a large network into smaller ones?
- What is the Network layer unique identifier assigned to each device on a TCP/IP network?
- Which TCP/IP model layer uses connection-oriented protocols?
- Which layer of the TCP/IP model performs IP addressing functions?
- Of the following, which is the fastest category of UTP cabling?
- Which kind of cable does not provide any protection against EMI?
- Which kind of cable works best for long-distance transmissions?
- Most network technologies that use fiber-optics use which type of fiber-optic cables?
- What organization provides a variety of industry-wide cabling standards, such as those for serial, parallel, and FireWire?
- Which IEEE subcommittee sets the standards for Wireless LAN networks?
- At which layer of the OSI model does network cabling belong?
- Which connector is used for UTP cabling on a network?
- What is the maximum distance between a hub and a node on a 10BaseT network?
- What kind of cabling does the 10BaseFL standard specify?
- Which of the following is NOT an advantage of fiber-optic cabling over UTP?
- How many pairs of pins in an RJ-45 connector does a 10BaseT device actually use?
- Which of the following is true of an Ethernet hub?
- What basis do bridges use to determine whether to forward traffic?
- Of all the Gigabit Ethernet standards detailed in the chapter, which maintains a signal over the greatest distance?
- What type of fiber-optic cable is used in a 1000BaseLX network?
- What is the most common connector used in a 1000BaseSX network?
- The "W" in the standard 10GBaseSW stands for which type of signaling?
- The "R" in the standard 10GBaseSR stands for which type of signaling?
- What is the solution manufacturers devised to accommodate the need for switches to connect to a variety of 10 GbE connector types?
- The problem of modal distortion, involving light bouncing back and forth at a sharp angle as it travels down a cable, is unique to which type of fiber-optic cable?
- What network component is built into most PCs today?
- What type of connector is used by all UTP Ethernet NICs?
- With Windows, what can you use to verify that Windows recognizes a NIC and is ready to use it?
- What is the name for the practice of using multiple NICs for a single machine in order to double (or more) the speed between that machine and a switch? Hint: Another term for this is link aggregation.
- If this light is on a NIC, it turns on and flickers when the NIC detects network traffic.
- Tripplet Corporation manufactures a very popular tool called a "Fox and Hound." What type of tool is this?
- You support a large, complicated network. After experiencing problems and testing the cabling, you have discovered a bad horizontal cable. What should you do next?
- Which protocol uses datagrams as its Protocol Data Unit?
- Which of the following protocols are connection-oriented?
- Which of the following protocols uses TCP as its transport layer protocol?
- At which layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack do HTTP, FTP, and DNS reside?
- How many binary digits are in an IPv4 address?
- What is the MAC broadcast address?
- Which of the following automatically gives out IP information to computers that request it?
- What is the default subnet mask for a class C network?
- What is the name of the proprietary cable designed by Cisco for connecting to their routers?
- An administrator managing many routers should be using this type of tool in order to have an overall view of all the routers.
- Which one of the following routing metrics determines the largest frame a particular technology can handle?
- Which one of the following NAT technologies uses port numbers to map traffic from specific machines on the network?
- Which of the following routing metrics, administratively assigned to links, affect which routes are chosen?
- Which of the following routing metrics is the ability of a connection to handle more traffic than others?
- On a TCP/IP network, what information within a packet does a router use to determine where an incoming packet should go?
- Which of the following protocols would you expect to find used as an interior gateway protocol within an Autonomous System?
- y= x^2 -9
- Judge or Jury
- With what would you measure a baseball field
- GOVT HELP
- Do a quick critique on 6 memorandums
- 1.value: 2.00 points Suppose that JB Cos. has a capital structure of 76 percent equity, 24 percent debt, and that its before-tax cost of debt is 11 percent while its cost of equity is 15 percent. Assume the appropriate weighted-average tax rate is 25 pe
- Biology Lab need done
- Scenario: YUM YUM COOKIES Company manufactures cookies. Materials are added in the Baking Department. After processing, the cookies are...
- Easy Read with 4 Questions Based on my Background