A ball is projected vertically upwards with an initial speed of 10 m s−1 at a height of 2.5m above the ground. In part (a) ignore all frictional forces.
(a) (i) Draw a force diagram for the ball while it is in motion. 
(ii) Deﬁne appropriate coordinate axes and an origin, and state the
initial velocity and initial displacement in terms of the unit
vectors and origin that you have chosen. 
(iii) Determine, in terms of the magnitude of the acceleration due to
gravity, g, the maximum height that the ball reaches above the
point of projection, and the time taken to reach this position. 
(iv) Determine the speed at which the ball hits the ground, correct to two decimal places, taking the value of g to be 9.81m s−2. 
In the remainder of the question revise this model by taking air resistance
Model the ball as a sphere of diameter D and mass m, and
assume that the quadratic model of air resistance applies.
- 8 years ago
- do a summary of the first world war
- Which article of the Constitution is the longest?
- what is the disppeserd of Lupin
- Prove that f(x)=x2-4 is a continuous function ...
- Soppose that in one year an american worker can produce 100 shirts or 20 computers, while a Chinese workers can...
- what is the square root of 9
- LAKE OF EGYPT MARINA, INC Balance Sheet as of December 31, 2012 and 2011 (in millions of dollars) 2012 2011 2012 ...
- The following list, in alphabetical order, shows the various items that regularly appear on the financial statements of Maple Park...
- Emily took 3 biology exams and has an average score of 85. Her second exam score was 8 points better...