Business Cycles, Economic Shocks, and Restoring Equillbrium
As a manager, it is important to understand how the business cycle affects supply and demand, prices, and how economic shocks will impact your company's markets, supply chain, and financing. The recent collapse of the housing market, the near failure of our financial system, the wild swings in commodity and stock prices, and the deep recession of 2007-2009 provide a virtual laboratory for the study of the economic shocks and stabilization measures taken to restore equilibrium.
Create a 1,400-word analysis based on the team's assigned market (the housing market) in which you include the following:
- Analyze the economic and sociological forces that drove the market equilibrium to unsustainable heights and the shocks that brought the markets back down. What might be done to moderate the effects of these economic swings?
- Discuss specific changes in supply and demand.
- Examine prior government policies and legislation that exacerbated the impact of the shocks.
- Evaluate the actions of the federal government and the Federal Reserve to restore equilibrium. How effective were these counter-cyclical policies?
Cite a minimum of three peer reviewed sources not including the text.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
- FXT Task 1, task 2, task 3 Originality Checking
- International business
- This is due 3/17/16 at 12:00 AM PACIFIC TIME
- Statistics 2 Mod Exercise 4 - 5
- discussion board - healthcare
- SECTION IIntroduction to Law Final Exam Instructions Instructor: A. JarmonThe following True/False and Multiple Choice questions cover the material introduced...
- Make a timeline for the motor development of an infant through the first year •Name, explain the differences, and give examples for the three types of babbling
- Emergency Planning CT #1
- Henna tattoo assignment
- FOR PROF XAVIER
As a manager, it is important to understand how the business cycle affects supply and demand, prices, and how economic shocks will impact your company's markets, supply chain, and financing. The …