In this module, we examined ethics and, in particular, ethics in the workplace. We also looked at social responsibility as it pertains to businesses (and other organizations) and the communities in which businesses operate. In this assignment, you will evaluate the level or degree to which a business, organization, and/or government agency is engaging in ethical and socially responsible practices. You will present this evaluation from multiple stakeholder perspectives.
This assignment will comprise 15% of your total course mark. Part A is a report on ethical standards, and Part B is a report on an ethical or corporate social responsibility issue in society. Each question carries the marks as stated for a total of 100 marks.
Part A: Instructions
Read the following:
- Donaldson, T. (1996, September). Values in tension: Ethics away from home. Harvard Business Review, 74(5), 48–62. [available through the TRU library]
- Case Study "Google in China" on pages 467–479 of your textbook.
Answer the following two questions.
Note: In answering the questions, you should demonstrate your ability to incorporate and integrate your learning from all aspects of this module. Ensure that you include information from the course material, the readings, your journal, and your own research.
- Question 1: Do you feel that it is possible to develop a universal set of ethical standards for business, or do you believe that cultural differences make universal standards impractical and/or impossible? (15 marks)
- Question 2: Do corporations have a right and/or a responsibility to influence ethics in the countries in which they operate? Defend your position. (15 marks)
VALUES IN TENSION: ETHICS AWAY FROM HERE. (ARTICLE)
- you are 18 feet away from a building that is 45 feet tall. What is the distance from where you...
- Can someone take two of my sociology quizes 20 questions total?
- who can do this?
- the bay of pigs invation
- My Marketing IDV Project
- roles of institutions on economic growth
- CFD 250 Parenting in Contemporary Society Fall 2011 Chapter 4 Assignment 1. Reflect on the parenting style and/or model of your own parents...
- I need to know what is the subject/verb agreement in this sentence. Your cell phone should be seen by your teachers....
- the process by which a cell captures the energy is called