- Compare 3 food labels or nutritional information of a breakfast food such as bread, cereal or granola bars. Please try your best to get labels of the food found in a grocery store or at home. You may take a photo of a food label (with a phone etc.) instead of buying the product if you don’t wish to.
- Look at the 3 food labels and notice the differences in areas such as nutrients, packaging, price, quantity and ingredients.
- After analysis of the labels, produce an easy to read comparative chart for the products. It cannot be hand written.
- Be sure to choose a uniform serving size and convert the calculations accordingly – i.e. let’s say you choose 1 cup of cereal as your uniform serving size, but some of the labels serving sizes could be ¾ cup or ½ cup. You will need to double all of the nutrition info for the ½ cup serving size cereal.
- For each product, list:
- Serving Size (all must be converted to the same)
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Total Sugar
- Dietary Fiber
- Price per ounce of product or other practical equal amount so that they are equal for comparison
- Any other information you deem important for comparison or interesting observations that may deter or encourage someone to buy the product – i.e. taste, claims/advertisements, calcium etc.
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Attach a separate sheet of paper answering the following questions concerning your products. Please make sure to refer to EACH of the 3 brands in every answer:
- Answers need to be typed
- How many grams of fat are in each of the chosen items? What is the percentage of calories coming from fat for each brand? Ex. Is it < 25% of total calories? (show your work). Comment on the comparison of fat percentage.
- How many grams of sugar are in each these products? AND how many grams of fiber? Approximately how many teaspoons of sugar does each brand use? Is this a “natural” or “added” sugar? (HINT there are 4 grams sugar / teaspoon). If no sugar or fiber is in one or more of the brand’s products, write a few sentences commenting on why, or what ingredient you think could have been used as a substitute.
- How many milligrams of sodium are in each of these products? This of the brands produces a food product that could be consumed if someone were on a restricted sodium diet (ie? < 2300 mg/day)?
- Explain in a short paragraph the differences between these brands of the same product. Comment on significant differences in nutrients, vitamins and/or mineral content and ingredients.
- Which of the brands provides the most economical choice? Is it necessarily the healthiest choice? Explain your answer.
- Which brand would you purchase and why? / college level, the due is in 15 hours
- 5 years ago
- due after 16 hours
- Help with Algebra ?
- comments to politics opinion
- persuasive essay
- Can someone write this paper for me.
- Management of a variety store has decided to implement a computerized Inventory System to give the store capability to track... (https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.homeworkmarket.com%2Fhomework-answers&media=http%3A%2F%2Fww
- Professional Associations.....200 words.....not essay.....discussion
- Marcus Harris
5 years ago
- Compare 3 food labels or nutritional information of a breakfast food such as bread, cereal or granola bars. Please try your best to get labels of the food found in a grocery store or at home. You …
- NOT RATED
5 years ago
- Compare 3 food labels or nutritional information of a breakfast food such as bread, cereal or granola bars. Please try your best to get labels of the food found in a grocery store or at home. You may …