Assume the speed of vehicles along a stretch of I-10 has an approximately normal distribution with a mean of 71...marnch
Assume the speed of vehicles along a stretch of I-10 has an approximately normal distribution with a mean of 71 mph and a standard deviation of 8 mph.
a. The current speed limit is 65 mph. What is the proportion of vehicles less than or equal to the speed limit?
b. What proportion of the vehicles would be going less than 50 mph?
c. A new speed limit will be initiated such that approximately 10% of vehicles will be over the speed limit. What is the new speed limit based on this criterion?
d. In what way do you think the actual distribution of speeds differs from a normal distribution?
- 6 years ago
- SCI 100 Week 3 Individual Assignment Nutrition and Fitness Paper
- plagarism free - honest help only
- ACCT 567 Week 1,2,3 Homework
- FIN 571 Week 6 Final Exam 100% Correct 30/30 Latest
- ECO 365 Week 2 Complete Principles of Microeconomics UOP
- ACC 220 Week 9 Survey of Accounting The Maze of Numbers
- ACC 220 Week 4 Survey of Accounting The Maze of Numbers
- setting up assignment
- Quadratic factoring; review
- Week 2 Problem Set 1:ACC 300