Privacy Laws and HR
International HR is concerned not only with cultural differences between groups but also on the additional challenge of simultaneously working within different legal systems. This often means that all employees are not treated equally. HR is responsible for establishing and maintaining the delicate balance required to adhere to local laws while treating all employees fairly.
Review the international privacy laws for three different countries. You may begin your research at the following Web site:
- Information Shield. (n.d.). International privacy laws. Retrieved fromhttp://www.informationshield.com/intprivacylaws.html
Based on this resource and your research, respond to the following:
- What impact do international privacy laws have on human resource management, specifically in regards to the interviewing and hiring process?
- What are the important features of the laws in the three countries you chose? Are there any features that surprised you?
- What are the restrictive aspects of the laws you reviewed? How would these impact hiring and ongoing employment in that country?
- As technology develops, what changes in the law do you foresee becoming necessary?
Write a 4–5-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- Unit 5: Mathematical Recursion - Assignment
- MGT 415 Week 2 - Discussion 2 Influence of Informal Groups.doc
- Diabetes in the United States of America
- FIN370 Week 5 Individual Assignment Problem 3 Chapter 21.xls
- Work Culture Preference (Due Day 5 – August 2nd)
- Answer the following essay questions in 850 words after completing the Self-Assessment Exercise and the Online HIPAA Training (Learn Something Assessment): • How has the Online HIPAA Training changed how you view ethical principles and profession
- the present value and net present value and payback period of a project that has a total cost
- ACC 561–Managerial Analysis