Worksheet: Developing Literary Criticism Skills
It is likely that you began this course with a notion of what literature is, perhaps based on previous education, family or cultural appreciation, or media and/or popular culture. This course aims to expand your definition of literature through diverse examples. Another aim of this course is to help you critically analyze literature and discuss it beyond stating whether or not you liked it. One way to help you expand your literary analysis skills is by applying a paradigm of literary criticism, which helps you focus your reading. In this week’s Assignment, you do just that.
To prepare for completion of this worksheet:
- Think about how you currently examine literature. What do you notice? What do you remember?
- Review “How to Write a Literary Analysis Essay” (located in this week’s Learning Resources) for challenges and strategies that a critical reader should consider when writing a literary analysis essay.
- Review the Ensler and Stanton and Mott Required Readings for this week in the light of “How to Write a Literary Analysis Essay.”
- Examine the diverse pieces of literature this week—Ensler, Stanton and Mott, and the song lyric selections from this week’s Discussion—for literary techniques as described in the “Glossary of Terms and Techniques for Literature and Creative Writing” document.
Download the Week 1 Worksheet document from this week’s Learning Resources.
- Save the worksheet to your computer.
- Follow the instructions on the worksheet as you complete the three required written responses.
- Write your responses directly on the worksheet. This is the document that will be submitted.
- what is that mean similarity between the way Scout describes both the 10 Johnson seen as well as the trial...
- Astonomy homework help
- Essay about Thinking About Global English
- FIN 200 Week 2 DQ 2
- PSY 310 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Theoretical Position Paper
- Using the Six Sigma DMAIC process, develop a new process design for the production of the Riordan electric fans. Be sure to take advantage of any global opportunities available to Riordan, such as lower labor costs. •Describe the bottlenecks that may occu
- CJS 240 Week 8 Assignment Drug Czar Presentation
- PhD doctorate only
- operational management