1. Conduct an Internet search of airport websites. Describe the features that make this website standout as your favorite (please don’t say because it’s your home airport) based on an information systems perspective. Be sure to include a link to the website.
2. Based on the knowledge you have gained through the readings in this module, answer the Module Review Questions listed below. These questions were chosen to demonstrate your understanding and help you assess your progress.
- How do websites provide benefits for airports?
- Why do you think Check-In Dynamic Displays are becoming a thing of the past?
- MUFIDS provide airline information. Why do airport operators invest and install MUFIDS?
- Discuss the system airports use to provide directions to passengers and the benefits of the system.
Address the following in a short essay paper, using citations to support your work:
Conduct a review of Airport Dynamic Wayfinding and Signage projects and write a 500 word (minimum), essay paper that discusses one significant project or several projects. The work should address project owner, purpose of the project, timeframe, problem addressed, outcome of the projects, discussion from your perspective of whether the project was/is successful.
4. Some airports provide wireless Internet access to its customers. Discuss why in your opinion, all airports do not provide free wireless Internet access. Be sure to discuss this from an information systems perspective.
5. Based on the knowledge you have gained through the readings in this module, answer the Module Review Questions listed below. These questions were chosen to demonstrate your understanding and help you assess your progress.
- What systems can airports use to increase revenue based on the systems covered in Chapter 4 and how?
- Why are airports bringing back pay phone systems and what has changed with these systems?
- How are airport LANS revenue generating opportunities for airport?
- How are GIS Systems providing value to airports?
6. Read the San Jose Report on Premises Distribution Systems and answers the following questions.
- Why was does the airport operator expect to gain with the use of the document?
- What are noted benefits from the implementation of the requirements of the documents?
- What did you note as requirements in the document that should efficiency at the airport?
- 6 years ago