1. In a system using the relocatable dynamic partitions scheme, given the following situation (and using decimal form): Job Q is loaded into memory starting at memory location 42K.
a. Calculate the exact starting address for Job Q in bytes.
b. If the memory block has 3K in fragmentation, calculate the size of the memory block.
c. Is the resulting fragmentation internal or external? Explain your reasoning.
2. Given the following information:
Job List: Memory Block List:
Job Number Memory Requested Memory Block Memory Block Size
Job A 690K Block 1 900K (low-order memory)
Job B 275K Block 2 910K
Job C 760K Block 3 300K (high-order memory)
a. Use the first-fit algorithm to indicate which memory blocks are allocated to each of the three arriving jobs.
b. Use the best-fit algorithm to indicate which memory blocks are allocated to each of the three arriving jobs.
3. In computing literature, the value represented by the prefixes kilo-, mega-, giga-, and so on can vary depending on whether they are describing many bytes of main memory or many bits of data transmission speed. Calculate the number of bytes in a megabyte (MB) and compare it to the number of bits in a megabit (Mb). If there is a difference, explain why that is the case. Cite your sources.
4. Select two of the following professionals: an insurance adjuster, a delivery person for a courier service, a newspaper reporter, a general practitioner doctor, or a manager in a supermarket. Suggest at least two ways that each person might use a mobile computer to work efficiently.
- Macro essay work for PROTEACH only11
- Economic Questions Help
- Benefits Due 11/29/12
- printing a newsletter costs $1.50 per copy plus $450 in printer's fees.The copies are sold $3 each.How many copies of...
- What is the roe v wade
- A sulfur-32 atom contains 16 protons, 16 neutrons, and 16 electrons. What is the mass (in grams) of a sulfer-32...
- At a closing at 10 a.m. on May 3, 2005, X Corp. delivers $25,000,000 to the seller of a factory...
- please help
- Argument Research Paper on ObamaCare
Memory block list:
Memory block size
A.Use the …