Assessment Assignment Instructions
For this assignment, you will design an assessment that incorporates questioning techniques for various levels of understanding. (You may refer to the chapter in your textbook that covers assessment.) Design this assessment to go along with the Lesson Plan you are developing for this course. On your assessment, include your name, the grade level and topic for the assessment, and directions for how the student is to complete the assessment.
Feel free to be as creative as you like, including graphics as appropriate. For additional guidance regarding your assessment, refer to the following expectations and to the Assessment Assignment Grading Rubric.
1. Presentation: The questions must be neatly typed with appropriate directions so the student understands how to complete the assessment. Your questions must be appropriate for the grade level on which the assessment is focused. (This is why you must include the grade level and topic on your assignment.)
2. Content: The content of the assessment must clearly relate to the topic and grade level for which you designed the assessment. Include a variety of question types that will lead the student to the higher thinking order levels. The questions must be stated clearly.
3. Bloom's Taxonomy: Your goal is to make each of your assessment questions follow a logical progression from the lower level thinking skills to the higher level thinking skills. In order to achieve this, you are required to label each question with the level from Bloom’s Taxonomy that particular question reaches. ***Please note that all 6 levels should be reached in order to get maximum credit on this section of the grading rubric.
For example: 1. Name one of the states of America that begins with the letter A________________. (this would be knowledge or remembering stage)
4. Grammar/Mechanics: Check your work carefully to be sure your questions are free of spelling, grammar, and mechanical errors. Professional writing is always expected on any assignment.
5. Diversity/Differentiation: Consider how you will make modifications to your assessment to meet the needs of each of the following student groups: gifted, LEP, ED, LD, ADD, as well as the learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinesthetic). Also consider diversity and how to meet the multicutural needs of your students. You must give a brief yet thorough explanation of how you plan to accomplish this with the assessment you designed. Include this explanation in a clear statement at the end of your assessment addressing a modification for EACH individual type of learner.
Complete this assignment in a Microsoft Word document, and submit it via the assignment link provided in Blackboard. Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 6.
- 5 years ago