Assignment 1: Discussion—Accessible Technology Solutions
Access to technology is essential for success in today's business world. Many Americans use technology to overcome their disabilities and become fully productive contributors in the workplace. There are many technology solutions available for the disabled, in the United States and abroad.
View information on real-life cases and technology solutions at the following:
Steve Gleason: Eyes on the prize. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://news.microsoft.com/stories/people/steve-gleason.html
Surface Pro, Xbox help Washington man overcome life-changing injury | News Center. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://news.microsoft.com/features/surface-pro-xbox-help-washington-man-overcome-life-changing-injury/
Switching back to Windows | Marco's Accessibility Blog. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.marcozehe.de//2014/02/07/switching-back-to-windows/
A Mother with Hearing Loss Is About to Learn about Microsoft’s New Accessibility Tools - Microsoft Accessibility Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/accessibility/archive/2014/05/15/a-mother-with-hearing-loss-is-about-to-learn-about-microsoft-s-new-accessibility-tools.aspx
Ryan Asdourian: Blitz mode. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://news.microsoft.com/stories/people/ryan-asdourian.html
Blind and low-vision seniors dance and bowl with Microsoft Xbox games - Microsoft Accessibility Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/accessibility/archive/2014/02/06/blind-and-low-vision-seniors-dance-and-bowl-with-microsoft-xbox-games.aspx
Select two cases to examine for this assignment. Respond to the following:
- Explain how technology has affected the lives of the individuals.
- Describe any individuals with disabilities you have personally observed who have similar stories (maybe you have your own similar story). How has technology affected their lives?
- Explain how technology has affected your life whether or not disability is a factor.
Write your initial response in 200–250 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, September 12, 2015, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, September 16, 2015, review and comment on at least two peers' responses in a minimum of 100 words. Consider the following in your analysis of peer responses:
- What have you learned from your fellow students' postings about technology use and its effects on our lives?
- How have you used technology in your current or previous place of employment to increase your productivity?
Discussion Grading Criteria and Rubric
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria|
|Initial Discussion Response|
|Writing Craftsmanship and Ethical Scholarship|
- 6 years ago
- matlab program
- Reseacrh Apllication Paper
- Data mangament
- Developmental Psychology
- Speech Analysis
- 6 short answer essay questions
- ECO/365 Final Examination Study Guide Version 4
- MKT 571 week 6 assignment New Product Launch Marketing Plan, Part III
- M5A1: The Case For, or Against, New Orleans
- Education paper...