Review of a Work of Art
Go to an art museum or gallery. Select a work to which you feel some strong response. Spend several minutes carefully studying the work. Write down your thoughts as you are standing in front of it, after you have spent some time really studying it. Perhaps you would like to make a quick sketch of the work or take a photo with your cellphone. Your assignment is to respond to the work by answering the following questions.
By carefully considering subject matter, medium, form, and context, you should be able to arrive at a thoughtful well-defended interpretation of the piece.
(1) Contextualize it. Respond to the following questions.
(A) Where are you?
(B) What is the title of the piece?
(C) Who is the artist?
(D) Tell me anything else about the work from the statement, show title, display, etc. that will ultimately aid in your interpretation.
(2) Describe it. Write one large paragraph keeping in mind the following questions. Be as descriptive as possible. Don’t be afraid to state the obvious -- a reader should be able to visualize the piece you are discussing based on your description.
(A) If it is representational, what is the subject matter depicted? If it is non-representational, say so. What does it look like? Be very specific.
(B) What is the medium? Have we studied/do you know anything about the process that resulted in the work?
(C) What size is it? (approximate is ok) Does this size affect your interaction with the piece?
(D) Is it a 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional piece?
(E) Which formal elements stand out to you? (Consider our 2nd and 3rd lectures)
(F) What are the colors being used?
(H) Remember to include any and all other important details.
(3) Interpret it. One paragraph.
Based on your description and contextual information (title, etc.), what do you think the artist was trying to say? Look back to your descriptive process to help inform this interpretation. You may also include a response in this section, if you would like.
The name of 2 musems are 1- Cheney washington museum.
2- Gonzaga Jundt Art Museum
Examples of artist films:
1-photo / digital media- Candy Sherman 2- sculpture/ installation -Janine Antoni 3- Performance- James Luna
- BAM 223 unit 4 - 25 mcq's with 1 written question:
- Final Project: Final Research Paper
- KINESIOLOGY CLASS
- Supply & Demand
- Solution: HLT/362 Workbook exercises 11 and 16
- writting essay
- Which of the following statements is not a similarity between a habitat and an ecosystem? A Habitats and ecosystems are both...
- I need help to solve only 2 exercises, I will send the extra material.
Review of a Work of Art
The pictuers are attached
Go to anart museumorgallery.Select a work to which you feel some strong …
Hello, I need you to do this Art homework. Please read the details carefully and followe them.
Ichose ( SAMmuseum which is "Seattle Art Museum").Also, I …