For Armodrillo1 ONLYdmbt38
It appears that some people judge candidates for elected office by their faces. Psychologists showed head-and-shoulders photos of the two main candidates in 32 races for the US Senate to many subjects (dropping subjects who recognize one of the candidates) to see which candidate was rated "more competent" based on nothing but the photos. On election day, the candidates whose faces looked more competent won 22 of the 32 contests. If faces don't influence voting, half of all races in the long run should be won by candidate with the better face. Is there evidence that the proportion of time the candidate with the better face wins is more than 50%? a) Explain in words what the parameter p is in this setting. b) What the null and alternative hypotheses Ho and Ha? c) What is the numerical value of the sample proportion ^p? The P-value is the probability of what event? d) The P-value is P=0.017. Explain carefully why this is reasonably good evidence that Ho is not true and that Ha is true?
Is the result above statistically significant at the 5% level? At the 1% level?
- 8 years ago
- The operations management team now feels that it can effectively evaluate the cost and benefits of long- term investments in operating assets that are critical to its growth plans. To ensure consistency within the organization, the general manager asks th
- righ a summary on chapter 3 of vampirates dead deep
- I currently have a whole course book of assignments on HTML that needs to be done whats the cost its...
- use the data in the table below to make a second table that organizes the same information in a different...
- It was 32 miles from moonridge to mentone. Malcmb coasted most of the way to Mentone and then pedaled back...
- If you want to have $10,000 in 10 years, which of the following formulas represents how much money you must put in a savings account today? Assume that the savings account pays 6% and it is compounded monthly. 10,000/(1+.006)^120 10,000/(1+.0
- MS Office exam
- Question 6
- how can you algebraically represent 3 times parkers age plus 6 if you use letter p parkers age
- Which type of exam question (Multiple choice, Essay, Matching, Short Answer, or Fill-in-the Blank) presents the most difficulty to