NO PLAGARISM, PRICE IN NON NEGOTIABLE, DUE FRIDAY 4/29. PAPER LENGTH IS 5-7 PAGES NOT INCLUDING TITLE & REF. PAGE
Write a 5-to-7 page Argumentative Essay explaining which type of theory, psychodynamic or non-psychodynamic, provides the best explanation for your personality today. In this paper you will use vocabulary and concepts from two or more of the theories in chapters 8 to 16, and argue how they are more or less accurate at explaining how your unique personality was formed. The essay should demonstrate understanding of both psychodynamic explanations and two more modern theoretical views on personality.
Format: This is a more formal written assignment that should be based upon both our text and current professional literature. You should study the literature regarding questions or controversy surrounding non-psychodynamic personality theories, form a thesis statement based on your understanding of the material read, and then argue for that thesis statement. You should move beyond simply reporting the information gathered from the literature to a complex analysis of the material, formulation of a position related to the question or controversy, and then argue why a particular personality theory provides the best explanation of your personality today.
Getting Started: Before you can make an argument, you must first have a clear point of view, proposition, thesis, or statement that you are going to make a case for. A good starting point is to use your text to find out what is controversial about particular theories. Then, you can use the NU library to locate supportive information.
Length: 5-7 double-spaced pages of text. Add: Title Page, Abstract, and References; submit: 8-10 pages. Paper is to be written in APA Style.
References: Include a reference to our textbook and at least four (4) additional peer-reviewed journal articles.
Grading: The essay is worth 100 points and will be graded using the program’s standard rubric. The grading rubric for this assignment can be found in Course Content.
Examples - Here are some ideas for non-psychodynamic theorists, but you are by no means limited to these topics. Please choose the ideas from each of the theorists which are most applicable to your experience.
1. Allport - goals and mature motives or development of the proprium, functional autonomy
2. Murray - what needs and presses drive your personality? Use of TAT
3. Bandura - observational learning, modeling, and reciprocal causation, self-efficacy, self-regulation
4. Cattell, Big 5 - Biological constitution - inborn temperament or traits
5. Kelly - discussion of this persons role constructs and REP test
6. Rogers - conditions of worth, positive regard, authenticity
7. Maslow - basic needs and meta needs, Jonah Complex
8. Seligman - positive psychology and personal choice
- 5 years ago
- Calculate Mn & Mw, and the polydispersity index (PI) for the molecular weight data provided below and graph. Repeat your calculations...
- Why should more general theories of nature be so highly sought and prized? Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of generalized theories and more specific theories.
- computer science
- Payment Economics
- BABER MAKAYLA ONLY
- where is the leaning tower ofpisa
- sQL assignment
- Article Analysis