Write a short paper (1300-1500 words, approx. 4-5 pages) with a THESIS STATEMENT and ARGUMENT in response to one of the following questions with your answer serving as your thesis statement. Both of the questions are broad enough that you will need to focus in on an aspect of the question that particularly interests you.
Because your references should be confined to the assigned text, you may use parenthetical citation rather than the Chicago style citation historians prefer. That is, cite as follows: (“Golden Speech”). For more on what is expected on papers, see the “Writing Hints” handout.
Keep in mind that all of us (History Tutor, your TAs, and Dr. B) are happy to talk with you about ideas for the paper or about organization. Once you have a draft (even a rough draft), we are also happy to look that over and offer suggestions on how to make the paper stronger.
Materials: You will find two PDF files in this folder, Louis XIV and Elizabeth I. Use the materials in one or both PDFs, depending on which questions you choose.
1. Using at least two documents from EACH of the PDFs (four total, textual or visual; you may use more), compare how Elizabeth I and Louis XIV see the role of God in their reign. How were they similar or different? You will need to focus your answer on ONE similarity or difference and draw on appropriate documents from those provided. You answer must be about BOTH Elizabeth AND Louis.
2. Use at least two documents from EACH of the PDFs (four total, textual or visual; you may use more). What role did that monarch see the nation (the citizens) playing in the state (in shaping the government)? There are lots of possible answers; focus on one. You will need to focus your answer on ONE similarity or difference and draw on appropriate documents from those provided. You answer must be about BOTH Elizabeth AND Louis.
- 6 years ago
- BUS 499 CAPSTONE - Assignment 3: Business and corporate-level strategies
- ACC544 ACC/544 DQs Week 1
- Please Answer read description
- Problem 1 Chicago White Sox
- Computer Crime and Forensic Analysis
- OPS 571 WEEK 5 INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT 2 diff paper
- Math homework
- MKT 571 week 4 Quiz (all correct)
- Organizational Design Article Analysis