Application: Creating a Parent/Family Brochure
You have been learning about the vital link between play and healthy development and learning. For this application, imagine that you are the director of an NAEYC accredited preschool committed to developmentally appropriate practice. Recently, you and other program staff have heard rumblings from parents and other family members that the children in your program are not "learning enough." Some parents are asking why there are no worksheets, no "beginning readers," and no spelling or math flash cards—all of which are prevalent in a few of the other programs in your area. In response to these rumblings and to help develop a deeper understanding of how young children learn, you decide to hold a series of parent/family meetings. You also decide to create a brochure explaining the overall purpose of play and consider the following:
- The various kinds of play
- The ways play can support children's development and learning
- How play accommodates individual variations in children's development
- Adults' roles in fostering quality play
- Specific examples that illustrate your points
You present your ideas at a staff meeting and everyone agrees. Together you decided that the format of the brochure which will consist of at least the following:
- A paragraph introduction stating the purpose of the brochure,
- 5–10 clear, concise bulleted points covering the basics of what you want parents/family members to understand about children's play and its relationship to development and learning
- A closing paragraph that summarizes your philosophy about why play is so important to healthy development and learning
- At least two annotated resources (books, articles, and/or web articles) that you recommend that support your thinking and will help parents/family members grow in their understanding of this important topic.
Using Microsoft Word Brochure Templates
To use a template for a brochure, do the following:
- On the File menu, click on New.
- In the New Document task pane, under Templates, click on the link On my computer. Select the Publications tab. Then choose Brochure.
- A new document will open in the format of a two-fold brochure.
- Follow the instructions on the new document to get started.
Assignment length: 2 pages
Please follow the instructions and have it done in 12 hours
- BUS 325 Week 2 Assignment 1 – Culture
- nurs 6501 Week 5 discussion question
- business policy and strategic solutions m2a1
- i need help in fixing the comments in file
- EVR Case Study
- The Value of Information. It has been said that information is power and that the separation between economically well-off nations, individuals, companies, and the like and those that are not (economically well-off) is the use and control of informati
- MARKETING 400 LEVEL CASE STUDY
- can i get some help with this assignment please
You have been learning about the vital link between play and healthy development and learning. For this application, imagine that you are the director of an NAEYC accredited preschool committed to …