A+ Answers of the following QuestionsThehonest
1. Most digestion takes place in the
C. small intestine.
2. The middle portion of the small intestine is called the
3. A chemical messenger secreted into the blood by a gland is called a(n)
C. digestive juice.
1. An adult following the MyPyramid food guide needs how many cups from the vegetable group each day?
A. Two and a quarter
B. Two and one-half
C. Four and one-third
D. One and a half
2. When various fuels in the body rise or fall, hormones are released into the bloodstream by
C. organ systems.
3. On a package label, you read the following ingredients—sugar, corn syrup, flour, yeast, etc. Which is the most abundant in this product?
A. Corn syrup
1. Children should consume _______ cups of calcium-rich food like milk daily.
2. A hypersensitivity reaction of the immune system to a particular food is called
A. celiac disease.
B. food allergy.
C. contact allergy.
D. food intolerance.
3. The science that studies food and how it nourishes the body and influences health is known as
1. A gastric ulcer is found in the
A. abdominal cavity.
2. The Recommended Dietary Allowance represents the average daily nutrient intake
A. and takes into consideration the person's physical activity.
B. that meets the requirement of half the healthy individuals in a particular life stage or gender group.
C. predicted to maintain energy balance in healthy adults.
D. that meet the nutrient requirements of 97–98 percent of healthy individuals in a particular life state or gender group.
3. The process of taking the products of digestion through the wall of the intestine is called
1. A food that has a large amount of nutrients relative to its calorie content is called
B. caloric dense.
C. nutrient dense.
D. recommended daily allowance.
2. The smallest unit of matter that exhibits all the properties of living things is the
3. Usually made of proteins, _______ induce chemical changes in other substances to speed up body processes.
- 7 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it