Answer the following questions, in a total of 350 to 700 words. Describe the sthelpneded
DNA and Protein Synthesis
Answer the following questions, in a total of 350 to 700 words.
- Describe the structure of DNA and the steps of protein synthesis.
- Describe the relationships between the following terms:
- Chromatin material
- Use the following gene in protein synthesis:
- Show the mRNA.
- Show the tRNA.
- Name the amino acids that will be placed in the polypeptide chain. (Use the codon table in Ch. 10, Figure 10.8A of Campbell Biology.)
- A gene will direct the making of polypeptide chains, and polypeptide chains form proteins. All enzymes are proteins. Therefore, how would you explain carrying a gene for a trait that does not show up in the offspring?
- In order for DNA to pass genetic information to the next generation, DNA must replicate successfully. Mistakes in replication could result in major problems in heredity.
- Explain how DNA replicates.
- Describe the formation of the leading strand and lagging strand and include the enzymes involved.
- Why do the legs replicate differently?
- 5 years ago
- NOT RATED
please review assignment instructions in the microsoft word document provided5 years ago