Analyzing with ANOVA
Assignment 2: Analyzing with ANOVA
Submit your answers to the following questions using the ANOVA source table below. The table depicts a two-way ANOVA in which gender has two groups (male and female), marital status has three groups (married, single never married, divorced), and the means refer to happiness scores (n = 100):
- What are the independent variables and their levels? What is the dependent variable?
- State all null hypotheses associated with independent variables and their interaction? Also suggest alternate hypotheses?
- What are the degrees of freedom for 1) gender, 2) marital status, 3) interaction between gender and marital status, and 4) error or within variance?
- Calculate the mean square for 1) gender, 2) marital status, 3) interaction between gender and marital status, and 4) error or within variance.
- Calculate the F ratio for 1) gender, 2) marital status, and 3) interaction between gender and marital status.
- Identify the critical Fs at alpha = .05 for 1) gender, 2) marital status, and 3) interaction between gender and marital status.
- If alpha is set at .05, what conclusions can you make?
Sum of Squares
(degrees of freedom [df])
Gender * Marital Status (A x B)
Please Note: The table that you see in the assignment has been slightly modified from the one presented in the module notes since it is beyond the scope of this unit to have students calculate p values. Instead you are asked to calculate the F value and compare it to the critical F value to determine whether the test is significant or not.
Argosy Online (2015). Argosy University Module 4. Retrieved from: http://myclassroomonline.com
Heiman, Gary W.. Behavioral Sciences STAT, 1e. Wadsworth, 2015. VitalBook file. Retrieved from: http://digitalbookshelf.argosy.edu/books/9781285404691/outline/11
- paraphrasing 2 pages essay with a high quality of writing
- For nimmo
- Can you assist? Need an outline of how to approach this assignment. APA format
- Pixonix Inc. - Addressing currency exposure
- •Choose 1 U.S. environmental law. State the name of the law and the date the law was passed.