AMERICAN GOVERNMENT (2 parts) - Outline due Dec. 12th and Key Assignment due Dec 17thhuton_
The Bill of Rights extends to individuals the protection of various civil liberties. When an individual is accused of a criminal act, there are rights that he or she is entitled to under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments. Select 3 of these amendments; provide an overview of the main points of the amendments, and explain how they could be applied to a person accused of committing a crime. Secondly, discuss what type of policy would need to be implemented for police investigators when interrogating a suspect.
Assignment Guidelines: Address the following in 1,000–1,250 words:
•Select 3 of the following Amendments from the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution:
For each of the selected Amendments:
■Provide an overview of the main points of the Amendment
■What is the purpose of the Amendment Explain.
■Who does the Amendment affect Explain.
■Why is this Amendment important Explain.
■How can the Amendment be applied to a person accused of committing a crime? Be specific.
****You may use case law as you see fit to support your answer.
◦What type of policy would need to be implemented for police investigators when interrogating a suspect Explain.
■To what type of crime(s) should this policy pertain? Why?
■What specific constitutional rights must be upheld, and under what circumstances must they be upheld? Explain.
■What would be the rationale for the policy? Justify your response.
■How should the policy be evaluated for potential weaknesses or gaps? Explain.
Be sure to reference all sources using proper APA style.
- 9 years ago
- use these helping verbs to answer the questions below- may will have am can could are should must has would...
- •Define 1 marketing problem of your company. •List 1 possible solution to solve the marketing problem. •Analyze the current marketing environment of...
- Finance writing assignment
- 600-800 Word short story with a Shakespeare play title or line for a title.
- 80,040,960 in word form
- what are the names of 10 countrys ?
- math help
- write an algebraic expression for each verbal expression p plus the quotient of 9 and 5