African History assignmentwshna1
Within a 3 page essay, write a detailed discussion of your choice of ONE (1) of the following two (2) topics from Chinua Achebe's novel,Things Fall Apart:
- Even as Achebe works to educate his readers about African culture and to combat demeaning stereotypes, he does not present Igbo society as ideal or perfect. The portrait of this culture on the eve of its "falling apart" in Part I of Things Fall Apart for example, is complex, sometimes contradictory and critical. What aspects of pre-colonial Igbo culture does Achebe seem to question or criticize? How does Achebe use characters like Obierika, Okonkwo, and Nwoye to offer such social criticism of Igbo society? How do the people of Umuofia react to change?
- Consider the impact of Achebe's use of "African English." Describe who Achebe's intended audience(s) might be. Consider how Achebe's language choices contribute to the novel. For example: (a) Achebe's use of Igbo words like egwugwu and iyi-uwa, untranslated in the novel itself, but briefly explained in the glossary.
PLEASE specifically identify which ONE of the two topics you have chosen in the cover page/title to your essay as well as on the subject line when submitting.
Instructions for Written Assignment
Your written assignments are intended to test your understanding of important concepts and discover how to sharpen your intellectual skills of analysis, synthesis, evaluation, and application. They are also intended to provide opportunities to more fully describe, explain, and analyze the books and other sources. When you submit essays, you may want to submit them as file attachments, as these usually retain your formatting.
- 8 years ago
- What is the vertex for the function f(x) = |2x-3|?
- Determine the dividends per share for preferred and common stock for each year
- I have an assignment due in a week I would like to know the price for the assignment to be...
- For Phyllisyoung please do not send handshakes only for this tutor thanks
- write a two coloumn proof: GIVEN - line BA is congruent to line DC, Angle BAC is congruent to Angle DCA Prove...
- How many moles of Ag can be produced if 350 g of Cu are reacted with AgNO3 according to the...
- After reading Case Study 4, "Gaining Outside Commitment in Lowell, Massachusetts" (pp. 483-487) and Case Study 5, "Leading Change in...