Explore a company’s annual report. Choose a company whose company name begins with the same letter as your last name. Locate the most recent annual report, at the company’s website. Answer below questions.
Cash Flow and Retained Earnings:
1. What investing activity provided the largest inflow of cash in the current year?
2. What investing activity used the largest amount of cash in the current year?
3. What financing activity provided the largest inflow of cash in the current year?
4. What financing activity used the largest amount of cash in the current year?
5. Does the company have sufficient cash inflows from the appropriate category? Describe any problems the company many experience with cash flow from your analysis of the cash flow statement.
6. Show the change in Retained Earnings for the 2 most recent years. What was net income for each year? How much was paid out in dividends each year?
7. Were the dividends on common stock and/or preferred stock? What was the amount of each?
8. Did Retained Earnings change for any reasons other than net income or dividends? Explain.
9. What classes of stock does your company have?
10. How many shares of each class of stock are authorized, how many are issued, and how many are outstanding?
11. Does your company have any treasury stock? How many shares and what dollar amount?
12. What is the par or stated value of each of your company’s stocks?
13. How many footnote disclosures does your company have?
14. How many significant accounting policies are listed under its Summary of
15. What does it include as Cash and Cash Equivalents?
16. What method does it use to value Inventory?
17. What method(s) does it use to depreciate its assets?
18. Does it have any leased assets? If yes, describe them.
19. What policies does it have in regard to Foreign Currency Translations?
20. Describe any pending lawsuits in which it is involved.
21. Provide its Earnings per Share for the 2 most recent years?
Report of the Independent Auditor(s):
22. Does the auditor(s) give a qualified opinion, an unqualified opinion, a disclaimer of opinion, or an adverse opinion? What does that opinion mean? Is it good?
23. What is the auditor’s responsibility in regard to the financial statements?
24. What is management’s responsibility in regard to the financial statements?
25. What financial statements were included in the auditor’s opinion?
26. Did the auditor believe that the statements were presented fairly?
27. Who bears the responsibility for the integrity and the objectivity of the financial statements?
28. What does management say they are doing to assure the public that the financial information is reliable?
29. What is the responsibility of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors?
- 8 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it
- NOT RATED
Explore a company’s annual report. Choose a company whose company name begins with the same letter as your last name. Locate the most recent annual report, at the company’s …8 years ago