Accounting for Decesion Making Expert needed
Course Research Paper (Due ASAP)
In order to understand activity-based costing and how it differs from a traditional costing system, you will review and analyze JetBlue airways Form 10-K report. In an 8-10 page paper, analyze JetBlue's strategy. The following concepts should be covered in your paper:
1. What is JetBlue's strategy for success in the marketplace? Does the company rely on customer intimacy, operational excellence, or product leadership customer value proposition? Use evidence to support your conclusion.
2. What business risks does JetBlue face that may threaten the company's ability to satisfy stockholder expectations? What are some examples of control activities that the company could use to reduce these risks? (Hint: Focus on pages 17-23 of the 10-k.)
3. How can the concept of unit-level activities be applied to an airline? More specifically, what are two examples of unit-level activities for JetBlue? What steps has JetBlue taken to manage these unit-level activities more efficiently?
4. How can the concept of batch-level activities be applied to an airline? What are two examples of batch-level activities for JetBlue? What steps has JetBlue taken to manage these batch-level activities more efficiently?
5. What is one example of a customer-level activity and an organization-sustaining activity for JetBlue?
6. Give an example of a transactions driver and a duration driver that could be used to assign fuel costs to a particular flight departure. Which of the two activity measures would be more accurate and why?
This paper requires that students use the APA format in writing course papers. Therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources are to be followed. Make sure you include a title page and reference page in addition to your 8-10 pages of text. Your paper must contain at least five current references and may include Internet sources, books, your text book, and professional journals or similar resources. Note: your sources must be considered scholarly sources.
2004 Form 10-K report in the link or weblink
Zimmerman, J. L. (2009). Accounting for decision making and control (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Identify major factors influencing world affairs by performing a macro economic analysis using PESTEL • You should consult at least 5 journal...
- Woman Studies Question
- Ted used a $150 check to pay for some books. Where in his checkbook register should he write this amount?
- Assignment 1_5 Martin Luther king Jr
- As a financial consultant, you have contracted with Wheel Industries to evaluate their procedures involving the evaluation of long term...
- Describe three healthcare delivery systems. How has globalization affected health care for these healthcare delivery systems? In your opinion, how has globalization benefitted or complicated the American healthcare system?
- FIN 3000 – Chapter 8 Homework Facts Investor Smith is determining whether to invest in Pacific Pools Corp. (“PPC”) or Swimming-R-Us, Corp....
- Economics questions
- DITORA Como sabes, las ventas (sales) de tu nueva novela son un desastre. (1) (nosotros, poder) vender muchas...
Course Research Paper (Due ASAP)
In order to understand activity-based costing and how it differs from a traditional costing system, you will review and analyze JetBlue …