Case Study: Database Development
Due Week 8 and worth 90 points
Read the following articles available in the ACM Digital Library:
Dual Assessment of Data Quality in Customer Databases, Journal of Data and Information Quality (JDIQ), Volume 1 Issue 3, December 2009, Adir Even, G. Shankaranarayanan.
Process-centered review of object oriented software development methodologies, ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), Volume 40 Issue 1, February 2008, Raman Ramsin, and Richard F. Paige.
Please follow the steps below to access ACM Digital Library:
- Login to iCampus at https://icampus.strayer.edu/login
- From iCampus:
- Click STUDENT SERVICES >> Learning Resources Center >> Databases
- Scroll down to "Information Systems/Computing"
- The ACM Digital Library is located below the heading “ Information Systems/Computing”.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Recommend at least three (3) specific tasks that could be performed to improve the quality of datasets, using the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Include a thorough description of each activity per each phase.
- Recommend the actions that should be performed in order to optimize record selections and to improve database performance from a quantitative data quality assessment.
- Suggest three (3) maintenance plans and three (3) activities that could be performed in order to improve data quality.
- From the software development methodologies described in the article titled, “Process-centered Review of Object Oriented Software Development Methodologies,” complete the following.
- Evaluate which method would be efficient for planning proactive concurrency control methods and lock granularities. Assess how your selected method can be used to minimize the database security risks that may occur within a multiuser environment.
- Analyze how the verify method can be used to plan out system effectively and ensure that the number of transactions do not produce record-level locking while the database is in operation.
Purchase the answer to view it