Accounting ASAP 2pys.20
· Gordon, E. A., Raedy, J. S., & Sannella, A. J. (2016). Intermediate accounting. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.
Make sure your response addressing the following questions is more than 200 words and you include an in-text citation, a quote from the pronouncement:
When are prepaid debit/credit cards liability extinguished? Read the Liabilities-Extinguishments of Liabilities article. On page three and four the parameters are stated when the liability is extinguished. If either of the following conditions is met:
- The debtor pays the creditor and is relieved of its obligation for the liability. Paying the creditor includes the following:
- Delivery of cash.
- Delivery of other financial assets.
- Delivery of goods or services.
- Reacquisition by the debtor of its outstanding debt securities whether the securities are cancelled or held as so-called treasury bonds.
- The debtor is legally released from being the primary obligor under the liability, either judicially or by the creditor. For purposes of applying this Subtopic, a sale and related assumption effectively accomplish a legal release if nonrecourse debt (such as certain mortgage loans) is assumed by a third party in conjunction with the sale of an asset that serves as sole collateral for that debt.
Read Chapters 13 and 14 in the textbook.
Write: Make sure your response addressing the following questions is more than 200 words and you include an in-text citation, a quote from the pronouncement.
When bonds are issued at other than par value, a discount or premium is recorded. This discount or premium is amortized over the life of the bond. However, callable bond may be retired before the maturity date, which leaves a loss or gain to be recognized. Read the FASB Looks to Amend Income Recognition Rules Related to Callable Bonds article.
- 5 years ago
- Marketing Program
- Kansas Company uses a standard cost accounting system. In 2014,
- short powerpoint presentation
- Your director is not aware of the involvement of the department of homeland security with private enterprise and has requested...
- ACCT 530 Week 8 Course Project - Major Case 4: Cendant Corporation (pptx)
- Red, Inc., Yellow Corp., and Blue Company each will pay a dividend of $3.20 next year. The growth rate in dividends for all three companies is 5 percent. The required return for each company’s stock is 8 percent, 11 percent, and 14 percent, respectively.
- PROJ 598 Week 7 Discussions & Assignment
- NETW 563 Week 7 Discussions & Course Project Wireless Networks
- MKTG 522 Week 1 Discussions and Assignment Marketing Management