ACC - CCS Corporate Tax Return Problem - Rachael Ray, Paula Deen and Gordon RamsayKnowledgeCats
CCS Corporate Tax Return Problem
Rachael Ray, Paula Deen and Gordon Ramsay each own one-third of the common stock of
Celebrity Catering Services, Inc. (CCS). CCS is incorporated on February 2, 2009. It has only one
class of stock outstanding and operates as a C corporation for tax purposes. CCS caters to all
types of social events.
• CCS is located at 540 Waverly Way Burbank, CA 91501
• Its employer ID is 38-4743474
• CCS’s business activity is catering food services. Its business activity code is 722300.
• The shareholders also work as officers for the corporation as follows:
o Rachael is the chief executive officer and president, (SS# 231-54-8976). Her
salary this year is $200,000.
o Paula is the executive VP and Chief operating officer (SS#798-56-3241). Her
salary this year is $140,000.
o Gordon is the VP of Finance (SS# 879-21-4536). His salary this year is $130,000.
• All officers devote 100% of their time to the business and all of the officers are US
• CCS uses the accrual method of accounting and has a calendar year-end.
• CCS made four equal quarterly estimated tax payments of $20,000 each. Its tax liability
last year was $70,000. If it has overpaid its federal tax liability, CCS would like to receive
• CCS paid a dividend of $30,000 to its shareholders on November 1. CCS had ample
earnings and profits (E&P) to absorb the distribution.
The following is CCS’s income statement for 2012:
Sales returns and allowances (5,000)
Net sales 1,795,000
Cost of goods sold 350,000
Gross profit 1,445,000
Capital loss ($15,000)
Dividend income 25,000
Interest income 10,000
Total income $1,465,000
Salaries and wages – other 525,000
Bad Debt 15,000
Meals & Entertainment 3,000
Repairs and Maintenance 6,000
2 | Page
Property Taxes 13,000
State Income Tax 43,000
Other Taxes 44,000
Professional Services 16,000
Employee benefits Programs 32,000
Other Expenses 12,000
Total expenses 1.281,000
Net income before taxes $184,000
Federal income taxes [62,000]
Net income after taxes $122,000
1. CCS’S inventory-related purchases during 2012 were $360,000. It values its i
- 7 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it
- NOT RATED
CCS Corporate Tax Return Problem7 years ago