Fill out the following questions based off of the company: Staples, Inc. (ticker symbol SPLS)
1. Provide common-size analysis of your company’s income statement and balance sheet, using the format shown in Exhibit 17.8 and 17.9 on Page 695 and 696 in the textbook. You will want to provide the analysis for the 2 most recent years (must be done using Excel with formulas).
2. Provide horizontal analysis of your company’s income statement and balance sheet, using the format shown in Exhibit 17.1 on Page 692 and Exhibit 17.2 on Page 693 in the textbook. You will want to show the dollar amount and percent of change using the 2 most recent years (you must use an Excel spreadsheet with formulas).
3. Perform ratio analysis on your company using the ratios listed in Exhibit 17.16 on page 707 of your text (these must be in an Excel spreadsheet, using formulas to calculate the ratios). You should present them in a similar format as the text: group by category, list name of ratio, formula in words, and the ratio calculation. Give a short explanation of your conclusions about your company after each category of ratios (i.e. How liquid is your company? How efficiently is it using its assets? etc.).
Conclusions: Substantive Responses will be at least a Paragraph for each question.
4. Are you optimistic or pessimistic regarding the future of your chosen corporation? Explain. (Please use information from your analysis to support your opinion.)
5. Would you invest in the stock of the company? Explain. (Please use information from your analysis to support your decision).
6. Would you invest in the bonds of the company? Explain. (Please use information from your analysis to support your decision. Must be different from what is provided in Question 54. Hint: Consider their Debt Ratios, etc. Also, please provide an answer even if they do not offer Bonds. If they did, would you invest in them? Why or Why Not?)
Purchase the answer to view it