Fredonia Inc. had a bad year in 2013. For the first time in its history, it operated at a loss. The company’s income statement showed the following results from selling 76,500 units of product: Net sales $1,484,100; total costs and expenses $1,722,200; and net loss $238,100. Costs and expenses consisted of the following.
|Cost of goods sold||$1,198,300||$775,600||$422,700|
Management is considering the following independent alternatives for 2014.
|1.||Increase unit selling price 24% with no change in costs and expenses.|
|2.||Change the compensation of salespersons from fixed annual salaries totaling $195,100 to total salaries of $38,800 plus a 5% commission on net sales.|
|3.||Purchase new high-tech factory machinery that will change the proportion between variable and fixed cost of goods sold to 50:50.|
(a) Compute the break-even point in dollars for 2014. (Round contribution margin ratio to 4 decimal places e.g. 0.2512 and final answers to 0 decimal places, e.g. 2,510.)
(b) Compute the break-even point in dollars under each of the alternative courses of action. (Round contribution margin ratio to 4 decimal places e.g. 0.2512 and final answers to 0 decimal places, e.g. 2,510.)
|1.||Increase selling price|
- 8 years ago
- Gold has a density of 19.3 grams per cubed centimetre. Work out the mass of the gold bar which has...
- Volcanoes found where two oceanic plates collide forma[n]
- The Genesis operations management team is now preparing to implement the operating expansion plan. Previously the firm’s cash position did...
- Why was the battle of midway significant?
- Write a complete Java program that simulates the rolling of a pair of dice. For each die in the pair,...
- how does heat travel through liquids
- The Politics of Performance Appraisal Every Friday, Max Steadman, Jim Cobun, Lynne Sims, and Tom Hamilton meet at Charley’s Food...
- a vertical rod 8ft high casts a shadow 6ft long.at the same time, a nearby tree casts a shadow 15ft...
- Based on your 20 pages, what conclusions can you make about what is happening in your book.
- NOT RATED
Fredonia Inc. had a bad year in 2013. For the first time in its history, it operated at a loss. The company’s income statement showed the following results from selling76,500units of …8 years ago