Absolute Monarchs questions
Title: Absolute Monarchs questions
Read The Case of England at World Civilizations.
You will find a concise definition of absolutism here.
Complete these questions after reading through the assigned chapters, websites, and slideshows.
Create a word processing document titled "Absolute Monarchs." Copy the following questions to your document and answer in complete paragraphs (5 to 7 sentences). Be sure your answers are in your own words and not just copied from the reading
Vocabulary: define/explain the following in your own words
Edict of Nantes
Thirty Years' War
Peace of Westphalia
Petition of Right
People: identify and explain their historical importance
Ferdinand and Isabella
Henry of Navarre
Jean Baptiste Colbert
Frederick the Great
Peter the Great
- What was the purpose of the Spanish Armada? What happened to it and what was the historical impact of its outcome?
- What happened to the Spanish economy during Philip II's reign?
- In what ways was Louis XIV able to increase his power while decreasing the power of other groups?
- Why did Louis XIV fight the War of the Spanish Succession?
- Describe the reforms Peter the Great brought to the people of Russia.
- Explain how and why Henry VIII broke from the Catholic Church.
Other questions 10
- math help (project)
- web search w/ a few questions
- multiply to find equivalent fraction. 5.4/5 6.8/10 7.7/9
- Environmental Science Help
- what are all the odd 5-digit numbers you can make using 2 4 5 6 8 if you do not...
- For Math4Austin - 102 Problems prepared by Monday, November 12, 2012
- what are the organelles of the cell that are involved in producing a protein and eventually having it leave the...
- 2x+3y-2z=1 -x-y+2z=5 3x+2y-3z=-6
- Unit 4 - Writing Assignment As discussed in Chapter 4 of the textbook, anthropologists Laura Nader and Harry F. Todd, Jr. developed...