Absolute Monarchs questionsmdsbro
Begin your study of this period by reading Chapter 6 in European History. Continue to World Civilizations and read The Age of Absolutism.
You will find a concise definition of absolutism here.
Read The Case of England at World Civilizations.
Complete these questions after reading through the assigned chapters, websites, and slideshows.
Create a word processing document titled "Absolute Monarchs." Copy the following questions to your document and answer in complete paragraphs (5 to 7 sentences). Be sure your answers are in your own words and not just copied from the reading
Vocabulary: define/explain the following in your own words
Edict of Nantes
Thirty Years' War
Peace of Westphalia
Petition of Right
People: identify and explain their historical importance
Ferdinand and Isabella
Henry of Navarre
Jean Baptiste Colbert
Frederick the Great
Peter the Great
- What was the purpose of the Spanish Armada? What happened to it and what was the historical impact of its outcome?
- What happened to the Spanish economy during Philip II's reign?
- In what ways was Louis XIV able to increase his power while decreasing the power of other groups?
- Why did Louis XIV fight the War of the Spanish Succession?
- Describe the reforms Peter the Great brought to the people of Russia.
- Explain how and why Henry VIII broke from the Catholic Church.
- 8 years ago