6521 WK 7 DISCUSSION
Consider the following case study:
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs:
Synthroid 100 mcg daily
Nifedipine 30 mg daily
Prednisone 10 mg daily
•Review this week’s media presentation on pharmacology for the gastrointestinal system.
•Review the provided case study. Reflect on the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed.
•Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder.
•Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
Post on 1 to 2 pages paper on :An explanation of your diagnosis for the patient including your rationale for the diagnosis. Then, describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
•Arcangelo, V. P., & Peterson, A. M. (Eds.). (2013). Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice: A practical approach (3rd ed.). Ambler, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
◦Chapter 28, “Nausea and Vomiting” (pp. 392–409)
◦Chapter 29, “Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Peptic Ulcer Disease” (pp. 410–423).
◦Chapter 30, “Constipation, Diarrhea, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome” (pp. 424–453)
◦ Chapter 31, “Inflammatory Bowel Disease” (pp. 454–471)
Starr, S., & Raines, D. (2011). Cirrhosis: Diagnosis, management, and prevention. American Family Physician, 84(12), 1353–1359.
•Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012). Pharmacology for the gastrointestinal system. Baltimore, MD: Author.
- FM2-Assignment 1: Discussion—Short-Term Financing Needs
- Here it is.. and this ties to week two paper Resource: Individual Assignment Project Proposal from Week Two, and the Project Requirements Grading Rubric Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word Project Requirements paper for the project approved in Week 2 that incl
- On Tuesday, Jon offered to sell his CD collection to Sandy for $100. Sandy replied, "I'm interested. I'll think it over and let you know Thursday whether I want to buy the CDs." On Wednesday, Jon agreed to sell the CDs to Jason, and Jason immediately gave
- ECE 101 week 2 assignment - Learning Environments and Developmental Domains - (Introduction to Early Childhood Education )
- business law
- ESSAY GURU
- Prepare the journal entries to record these transactions
- motivating and managing people
Gastrointestinal (GI) and hepatobiliary disorders affect the structure and function of the GI tract. Many of these disorders often have similar symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramping, …