5 pages essayfaraj2
Argumentative Synthesis Assignment
This assignment creates an opportunity for you to practice research and demonstrate the writing skills you have developed this semester while engaging with important issues. Your task is to write a 5-to-5.25-page argument concerning surveillance, privacy, and digital identity. You may wish to consider these questions or others that you formulate: What are the benefits of surveillance and for who? What is the value of privacy? What is the importance of digital identity? Use your anecdotal experience, assigned readings, and independent research to make sense of these topics. Your essay should have a clear point/explanation/thesis and be organized with great care. Use MLA conventions to format your paper. Use at least 5 external sources. 250 points.
Suggested Readings or Source Material:
*Journalism: No Place to Hide by Glenn Greenwald
*Journalism Focused on Surveillance and Privacy Issues: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/
*Academic/Theoretical Excerpt: http://foucault.info/documents/disciplineandpunish/foucault.disciplineandpunish.panopticism.html
*Novel: 1984 by George Orwell
*Novel: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
*Novel:Neuromancer by William Gibson
*Civil Liberties Organization: https://www.eff.org/
*Film: Rear Window
*Film: Minority Report
*Film and Graphic Novel: V for Vendetta
*Documentary in Theaters: Citizenfour
- 6 years ago
- WHere was Abraham Lincoln born?
- A country’s annual growth rates over a 10-year period are shown in the following table. Year Growth Rate 1 5 2 3 3 4 4...
- Let g(x) = f(x-1) a) Find g(0) and g(1) b) Determine the intervals where g(x) is increasing. c) Sketch a graph of g(x)
- what kind of pictures can i put on my historical sites title page/
- ab has a length of 12 and b has coordinate 5. find the coordinate for point a both graphically and...
- the Stanford University Prison Experiment
- research two (2) publically held health care organizations in your state that you believe would benefit from a merger. Download and review each organization’s financial statements.
- law homework due tommorw
- negative square root of 2 over square root of 2