3 Assignments for Natural Science Guru - ONLYHelp.Needed
Individual Project #1
You are an intelligence analyst for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) assigned to the Counterintelligence (CI) Division. The FBI’s CI Division has been involved in the field of CI for decades. During this period, the CI division has conducted thousands of CI investigations, many of which have had a major impact on the history and national security of the United States. It is important as an intelligence analyst with the CI Division to have a clear understanding of these cases and to learn from both its past CI successes and failures.
You have been asked by your supervisor to research major espionage cases to produce an intelligence assessment from a historical perspective that will help to recognize anomalies that might indicate the presence of espionage and assist in the neutralization process in the future.
- For this assignment, you must write a counterintelligence case study, approximately 750–1,000 words in length, on one of the following major espionage cases:
- Robert P. Hanssen
- Aldrich H. Ames
- Ana B. Montes
- John A. Walker
- For your selected case study, you will address the following in detail:
- What was this person's personal background?
- What was this person's professional background?
- Were there any accomplices? If so, explain.
- Which foreign powers were involved?
- When did the espionage begin?
- For how long did the espionage continue?
- When was the spy apprehended?
- Where did the espionage take place?
- Consider military intelligence, U.S. soil, agency/rank, and so on.
- What information was being leaked?
- For what purposes could that information have been used?
- How was the information taken from U.S. facilities or databases? Explain in detail.
- How was the information delivered to the foreign power or powers? Explain.
- How was the spy apprehended? Explain.
- What was the motivation for the espionage? Explain.
- Answer the following questions as well:
- What lessons were learned after the selected case concluded?
- What impact did this particular case have on U.S. policies and operational standards?
- Consider successful and unsuccessful investigative techniques, implications, and recommendations.
- Compile your responses in your final case study, and submit the file to your instructor.
- All sources must be referenced using APA style.
Individual Project #2
You are an intelligence analyst for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) assigned to the Counterintelligence (CI) Division. You have been embedded on the Kartesia Country Team and are responsible for producing a counterintelligence assessment to forecast the potential counterintelligence threat posed by Kartesia.
For many years, Kartesia and the United States have been political and economic adversaries. Kartesia, which is led by an oppressive dictatorship, has long feared that the United States will initiate military action against it to topple the regime and institute a democratic form of government. Although Kartesia's ability to engage the United States in traditional warfare is limited, it has a very well developed and sophisticated intelligence apparatus that it deploys in the United States, as well as against the U.S. presence within Kartesia in other third world countries. The Kartesia Intelligence Services (KIS) also heavily target antiregime elements in the United States, most of which exist within several large Kartesian émigré communities located throughout the country. Kartesia also has a long history of supporting other groups and countries that are hostile to the United States, including providing financial and logistical support to terrorist groups.
The U.S. intelligence community (USIC) has designated Kartesia a high-priority target, as is reflected in the National Intelligence Priorities Framework (NIPF). FBI resources dedicated to countering the intelligence activities of Kartesia in the United States are also in a position to fill these broader USIC requirements. One topic of particular concern to the USIC is whether Kartesia has a program to develop weapons of mass destruction (WMD), and if so, what its plans, capabilities, and intentions are.
For this assignment, you must write a paper of 750–1,000 words discussing how U.S. counterintelligence will be used to counter the potential threat from Kartesia.
- In a paper of 750–1,000 words, address the following:
- What is the purpose of the National Intelligence Priorities Framework (NIPF)? Explain.
- How do counterintelligence professionals utilize the NIPF? Explain.
- How does the FBI Counterintelligence Division utilize the steps of the intelligence cycle to validate threats and initiate counterintelligence assessments? Explain.
- Be sure to address each of the 6 phases of the intelligence cycle.
- How will counterintelligence be used to counter the potential threat from Kartesia? Explain.
- Compile your responses in your final paper, and submit the file to your instructor.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Individual Project #3
You are a counterintelligence officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) assigned to the Critical Technology Protection Division. Your division is responsible for providing counterintelligence support to research, development, and acquisition (RDA) missions. To accomplish this mission, your team has been asked to provide a counterintelligence threat briefing to a major defense contractor responsible for the research and development of critical U.S. defense technology. The purpose of this report is to help prevent foreign threats from acquiring U.S. critical program information to exploit and degrade its combat effectiveness and technical superiority.
Group Portion (1)
For this assignment, using the Small Group Discussion Board, you must review and discuss counterintelligence collection as well as the current list of U.S. critical technologies with your group.
- As a group, do the following:
- Discuss counterintelligence collection methods.
- Consider sources, techniques, and common operating pictures.
- Examine the list of U.S. critical technologies.
- A current list of critical technologies can be found within your Phase 3 Web resource titled Military Critical Technologies List.
- Come to a group consensus, and select 1 technology from the list that will be examined in this assignment from a counterintelligence perspective.
Once your group has chosen a piece of critical technology, each member of the group must prepare a counterintelligence threat assessment of 800–1,000 words about the group's selected technology.
- Using the information from the course materials, the textbook, outside research, and the small group discussion, provide a threat assessment introduction on counterintelligence collection.
- What methods and techniques are used in counterintelligence collection? Explain.
- What are common sources for counterintelligence? Explain.
- Using the information from the course materials, the textbook, outside research, and the small group discussion, draft the body of your counterintelligence threat assessment about the selected technology. The assessment should include the following sections:
- A description and brief summary of the technology
- Applications for which the technology is used
- Which organizations use this piece of technology
- Who develops or manufactures this technology
- Which foreign adversaries are potentially interested in this technology
- Methods this adversary may use to acquire this technology
- Implications if this technology were to be compromised
- Possible vulnerabilities for protecting this technology
- Recommendations to safeguard this technology
- Compile your responses in your final individual threat assessment, and submit the file.
Group Portion (2)
For the second group portion of this assignment, you must discuss, as a group, your findings from your threat assessment and develop a final collective counterintelligence threat briefing for the critical technology your group has chosen.
- Evaluate the individual threat assessments of your group members.
- Confer with your group, and select the strongest elements of the individual assessments.
- There must be at least 1 section used from each group member.
- Determine, as a group, how the final document will be formatted, organized, and compiled.
- Complete the final collective threat assessment according to the agreed-upon guidelines, and submit the file to your instructor.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
- 5 years ago
- NOT RATED
You are a counterintelligence officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) assigned to the Critical Technology Protection Division. Your division is responsible for providing counterintelligence …3 years ago