1. Which of the following countries is known for having 99 percent of its population literate?
d. United States
2. The twenty-first century saw ________ markets grow more rapidly again due to a higher birth rate, a lower death rate, and rapid growth from foreign immigration.
3. ________ is the systematic design, collection, analysis, and reporting of data and findings relevant to a specific marketing situation facing the company.
a. Marketing intelligence
b. MIS (marketing information system)
c. Marketing research
e. Marketing management
4. Companies normally budget marketing research at ________ percent of company sales.
a. 1 to 2
b. 2 to 3
e. 10 to 12
1. All of the following would be among the ways that small companies can conduct marketing research in creative and affordable ways EXCEPT ________.
a. using the Internet
b. engaging students to design and carry out projects
c. checking out rivals
d. engaging professors to design and carry out projects
e. hiring syndicated-service research firms to conduct projects
2. The marketing manager needs to know the cost of the research project before approving it. During which of the following stages of the marketing research process would such a consideration most likely take place?
a. Step 1—defining the problem.
b. Step 1—creating decision alternatives.
c. Step 1—drafting the research objectives.
d. Step 2—develop the research plan.
e. Step 3—information collection.
3. Some marketers prefer more ________ methods for gauging consumer opinion because consumer actions do not always match their answers to survey questions.
b. qualitative c.
4. If a marketing researcher selects the most accessible population members, he or she would have selected the ________ sampling method.
a. simple random
b. stratified random
1. ________ are adept at building customer relationships, not just products; they are skilled in market engineering, not just product engineering.
a. Profit-centered companies
b. Customer-centered companies
c. Production-centered companies
d. Sales-centered companies
e. Promotion-centered companies
2. ________ is the difference between the prospective customer’s evaluation of all the benefits and all the costs of an offering and the perceived alternatives.
a. Perceived usefulness
b. Failure avoidance rate
c. Report rating
d. Customer perceived value
e. Competitors market share rate
3. One key to customer retention is ________. It would be wise for a company to measure this factor frequently.
a. heavy promotion
b. deep discounts for intermediaries
c. to have an ethics officer
d. customer satisfaction
e. to have customers on the board of directors
4. A ________ customer is a person, household, or company that over time yields a revenue stream that exceeds by an acceptable amount the company’s cost stream of attracting, selling, and servicing that customer.
1. ________ is the study of how individuals, groups, and organizations select, buy, use, and dispose of goods, services, ideas, or experiences to satisfy their needs and wants.
a. Target marketing
b. Psychographic segmentation
d. Consumer behavior
a. Product differentiation
2. The fundamental determinant of a person’s wants and behavior is the person’s ________.
b. national origin
d. peer group
e. family tree
3. A person’s ________ consist(s) of all the groups that have a direct (face-to-face) or indirect influence on his/her attitudes or behavior.
d. reference groups
4. Webster and Wind define ________ as the decision-making process by which formal organizations establish the need for purchased products and services and identify, evaluate, and choose among alternative brands and suppliers.
a. marketing channels
b. organizational buying
c. demand-oriented buying
e. inventory control
1. The demand for business goods is ultimately derived from the demand for ________.
a. raw materials
b. consumer goods
d. business solutions
2. Some customers are willing to handle price-oriented buyers by setting a lower price, but establishing restrictive conditions. All of the following would be among those conditions EXCEPT ________.
a. limiting the quantity that can be purchased
b. no refunds
c. no adjustments
d. no services
e. no customer advertising
3. The Japanese have refined the value delivery process to include a component that emphasizes ________.
a. zero servicing
b. zero customer feedback time
c. zero promotion
d. zero dependency on intermediaries
e. zero marketing costs
4. The twenty-first century saw ________ markets grow more rapidly again due to a higher birth rate, a lower death rate, and rapid growth from foreign immigration.
- 7 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it