2 Statistics questions.poo98
2. Before you solve problem A and B, first categorize it by answering the following question: Are we testing a single mean or a single proportion? ( a) What is the level of significance? State the null and alternate hypotheses. ( b) What sampling distribution will you use? What assumptions are you making? What is the value of the sample test statistic? ( c) Find ( or estimate) the P- value. Sketch the sampling distribution and show the area corresponding to the P- value. ( d) Based on your answers in parts ( a) to ( c), will you reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis? Are the data statistically significant at level a? ( e) Interpret your conclusion in the context of the application. a. Professor Jennings claims that only 35% of the students at Flora College work while attending school. Dean Renata thinks that the professor has underestimated the number of students with part- time or full- time full-time jobs. A random sample of 81 students shows that 39 have jobs. Do the data indicate that more than 35% of the students have jobs? ( Use a 5% level of significance.) Asked on yahoo. 5-28 b. The Nero Match Company sells matchboxes that are supposed to have an average of 40 matches per box, with A random sample of 94 Nero matchboxes shows the average number of matches per box to be 43.1. Using a 1% level of significance, can you say that the average number of matches per box is more than 40?
- 9 years ago
- what is a value of t when h(t)=0.3 for 0<t<18؟
- Can you answer these homework questions?
- percentage math problem please help!!
- business account assignment
- p=irt make t the subject
- If the social security administration increased the taxable wage base from $94,200 to $97,500 and the 6.2% tax rate is...
- is the attorney general or the state of oregon correct here
- For each of the following questions, choose either authority, rational method or empirical method as the best way to answer...
- On behalf of PS Music, Pat signed a contract with a local radio station, WHBD, to provide guest spots for...
- adverb for this sentence after the long match the players rested momentarily before they began to sign autographs