Everyone is discussing Till which is expected due to the circumstances of Till's murder. The follow up will focus on another event that occurred before Till's death that turned the tide for the Civil Rights movement. Let us look at the Brown verse Board of Education of Topeka, KS case.
Oliver Brown's case was one of the 5 cases heard by the Supreme Court in 1954 that went against segregation in schools. But his was not the only one at the time that led up to the change in this policy.
Could you tell the class the details about one of the other cases fought against segregation at the same time as Brown's:
Briggs v. Elliot,
Davis v. Board of Education of Prince Edward County (VA.),
Boiling v. Sharpe,
Gebhart v. Ethel
- 6 years ago
- ACC205: final paper
- what flame color does zinc produce? why?
- QUIZ #2 - Shown in the following table are the reported annual deaths of males aged 75
- HR Case Studies
- PSY 103 Learning Experience
- OMM 618 Week 1 Paper Human Resource Challenges
- NTC 242 Week 5 Final Project Network Design for Acme Manufacturing
- Law report