1.1 State the daily recommended intake of the first and second class nutrient protein as part of a balanced diet. 1.2...bighef
1.1 State the daily recommended intake of the first and second class nutrient protein as part of a balanced diet. 1.2 Describe the quantity and location of protein in the body 1.3 Explain how proteins are classified by function in the body 1.4 Outline the medical problems resulting from lack of protein intake or assimilation into the body. 2.1 Outline the chemical structure of structural proteins which make up rigid sheets and elastic fibres. 2.2 Describe what the properties of structural proteins are. 2.3 Describe the role of • Physiologically active proteins as enzymes • Physiologically active proteins as hormones • Physiologically active proteins as nucleoproteins • Physiologically active proteins as blood proteins 2.4 Outline what type of enzymes are active in the human body. 2.5 Describe how enzymes work and the factors affecting their activity. 3.1 Describe how proteins are digested in the alimentary system. 3.2 Describe how proteins are absorbed across the wall of the alimentary system into the blood. 3.3 Describe the storage of amino acids and protein by organs and tissues of the body 3.4 Explain how enzymic browning of foods takes place and methods of preventing this. 3.5 Explain how the non-enzymic browning of foods takes place (maillard reaction) and methods of preventing this.
- 9 years ago
- The formulas CaCl2 and CrCl2 look very similar. What is the name for each compound?
- One of Sun Appliance's products is a dishwasher. Two processing departments are involved in the dishwasher's manufacture. The tub is...
- What does a proposal do
- Let's say you take an exam worth 180 points and your score marked the 64th percentile of all the exam...
- how much is 5 +11?
- healthcare finance, financial risk and required return
- What political situation was the author reacting to when writing this essay?
- In 1966, the Supreme Court ruled in its Miranda v. Arizona decision that law enforcement has an obligation to advise...
- how do we write 2(4n) in vebal expression