1. When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring to (1 point)the southern Colonies staying peacefully...jjrocks1234
1. When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring to (1 point) the southern Colonies staying peacefully connected to the northern Colonies. the Colonies staying peacefully connected with Great Britain. the Colonists staying peacefully connected to Native Americans. Great Britain staying peacefully connected with Europe. 2. Which of the following statements about Common Sense is NOT true? (1 point) Common Sense was written the same year as the Declaration of Independence. Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to persuade colonists to fight for independence. The printing press enabled the wide circulation of Common Sense. Thomas Paine was hanged for treason after writing Common Sense. 3. Thomas Paine believed America should be (1 point) an asylum, a safe place, for all people. a British colony. a continent of many nations. a city on a hill. Asylum is a word with multiple meanings. Read the following sentence from Common Sense. “This new world hath been the asylum for the persecuted lovers of civil and religious livery from every part of Europe.” 4. In this context, does asylum have a positive or negative connotation? (1 point) positive negative 5. Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to (1 point) Revolutionary War soldiers. colonists in 1776, prior to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. the British monarchy. women seeking the right to vote.
- 9 years ago
- What kind of triangle do you get id you connect the number 2,6and 10 on a standard circular clock face?
- forcasting recurrence
- What is an example of a muscle of facial expression?
- How did the ideas of Einstien and Freud contribute to a sense of uncertainty?
- how might earnings-at-risk plans affect attraction and retention of employees? How does the 2008-2010 recession affect the viability of earnings...
- most of the movement of the water on the ocean's surface is caused by
- Which of the following is a physical change? A a garden tool rusting B shredding a piece of paper C a candle burning D...
- The base of a triangle is one half of its height.If the area of the triangle is 196 square millimeters,...
- what is the first ten amendements called?
- which were the important pilgrimage routes in Britain and Europe