1. What is the right mix of investment and strategic focus for Netflix when allocating fixed resources to either the legacy DVD-by-mail business or the relatively more trendy online streaming business? Possible answers include: Focus ex-clusively on the DVD-by-mail busi-ness, focus exclusively on the online streaming business, or specify a per-centage of investment into each of the two businesses.
2. Recommend whether Brooks should buy more, sell, or continue to hold Netflix stock? Possible answers include: Sell your full holding immediately, sell a por-tion of your holding now and wait until the end of the year to decide whether or not to sell the rest, continue to hold the same amount as be-fore, or invest even more heavily in the company.
3. Analyze trends in both the history of Netflix stock performance and growth rates in subscriber counts.
4. Evaluate the revenue and expense streams for Netflix, and any interaction between these two measures, in the context of the recent shift in cor-porate strategy.
5. Perform a prospective FCF-based valuation analysis. Do you agree with the strategy of Netflix to split the company’s business into two separate segments?
6. Discuss whether the overall company level estimate for ‘cost of capital’ will vary from the estimates for each of the two business types separately.
7. What motivated Netflix to split its business into Qwikster for DVDs and Netflix for streaming?
8. Discuss how Netflix might improve the processes of both communicating key product changes to consumers, and/or networking with cable TV channels, TV providers, and Holly-wood studios.
9. Assess the impact of key competitors on the future outlook of Netflix, and the changing cost structure of these companies when paying for up-grades in the quality and quantity of content offered online.
10. What other qualitative issues may have a substantial impact on the fu-ture viability of Netflix and both the DVD and streaming access models?
body preview (18 words)
Please xxxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx to leave xx excellent feedback. Thank xxx & xxxx xx xxxxxxx
file1.docx preview (509 words)
x xxx xxxxx investment mix and xxxxxxxxx xxxxx that netfix can xxx in the xxxxxxxxx of xxxx businesses is xx specify xxx more so x share xxxxxxx the resources it has into the two business xxxxxxxxxx so xx to xxxxxxxx the xxxx of xxxxx loss of revenue. xx xxx see xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xx xxx technologies has xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxx environment filled with mixed xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx . x xx xx can xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx xxx xxxxxx in xxxxxxx was drastic xxx xxx xx first xxxxxxxx technologies, xxxxxx xxxx xxxxx new technologies xxx xx xx imminent xxxx the xxxxxxxx to fail xx x xxxxxxxxx that xx xxxxx x portion of its xxxxxxxx xx xx tries to xxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx trend and invest in new xxxxxxxx 3 under the xxx xxxxxxxxxx xx 2005, xxx businness trived xxx the xxxxxxxx xxxxxx improved x xx xxx xxxx xxxx ,in xxxxxxx bisineess, xx xxxxxxxxx xx about xxx million or xxxx , which made it one xx the xxxx performing stocks xxxx was xxxxx their xxxxxxxxxxx xx this xxxx The manager x
- - -
more text follows
- - -
Try it before you buy it
Check plagiarism for $2.00