1-) A quality control department noted took a sample of 40 product, and found the mean number of defect to...juandz80
1-) A quality control department noted took a sample of 40 product, and found the mean number of defect to be 6.15, with a standard deviation of 2.53 . The distribution was known to be normal. Construct a 95 percent confidence interval for the mean number of defects 2-) A corporation is trying to estimate the mean amount an employee’s spends on dental care. They survey 45 employees, and find a mean amount spent of $1820, with a sample std dev of $660. Find a 95% confidence interval for the mean amount spent 3-) Pepsi wants to estimate an average number of cans of Pepsi consumed. The sample 16 people and find the mean number of cans to be 60 with a sample standard deviation of cans of 20 a. Is the t or z distribution used here? Why? b. What is the value of the test statistic to be used for a 90% confidence interval? c. Create a 90% confidence interval. d. Could Pepsi be reasonable in concluding that the population mean is 59 cans? 4-) Last year a survey showed that 30% of travelers stay in budget hotels. The hotel association wants to update this proportion. . a. The new study is to use the 90 percent confidence level. The estimate is to be within 1 percent of the population proportion. What is the necessary sample size? b. If we wanted to reduce the required sample size, what could we do? 5-) A survey of singles was made regarding their restaurant eating habits. A sample of 60 singles had a sample mean number of restaurant visits was 2.76 meals per week. The std deviation of the sample was 0.75 meals per week. Create a 98 percent confidence interval for the mean of the population.
- 9 years ago
- Summarize Merlin and the Lady of the lake
- Determine whether the condensation of nitromethane (CH3NO2) is spontaneous at 40°C and 1 atm.
- unit circle
- A train is traveling down a straight track at 27 m/s when the engineer applies the brakes, resulting in an...
- Sometimes market activities (production, buying, and selling) have unintended positive or negative effects outside the market's scope. These are called...
- find the inverse, f^(-1)(x), of the function f(x)=(-3+x)/(1-5x), if it exists
- What does "destination that will open the mind" mean?
- The "blank" is a joint project of the state and federal governments.
- Give a scientific description of a mid-latitude forest that contains a small pond within its shady depths. Research on the...